Spider III 120 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 120

Purchased from: MusiciansFriend.com

The sound quality is very good. I use a Jackson with it and it sounds great. It suits my syle well. I do get feedback often. This amp can make a whole bunch of sounds. It has 12 amp models; clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. Each amp model has 2 sounds. The insane amp model is awesome because that is the sound that suits my playing style.

Overall this amp is amazing. I love it! I play '80s rock so this amp is perfect for me. It's perfect for any style. I have been playing for about 7 years almost 8. Besides this amp I also own a Jackson guitar and a Fender guitar, an AKG wireless system, a Crybaby Slash wah pedal, a Metal Master distortion pedal, a Synth Wah pedal, and an FBV Express footswich (I recommend buying the footswich for this amp). If it was stolen or lost I would buy the same thing or upgrade to the 150 watt Spider three. I love everything about it except for the weight. It is a little heavy. I like all of the features. When I was looking for a different amp I wanted to see what choices there were. I wanted to try Line 6. So I bought it and tryed it and I loved it when I played through it. I recommend this amp for its great price.

This amp is very dependable. It has never broken down on me. I haven't had any problems with it and I have had it for over a year. If you're transporting it around be carefull though because the bumps in the road could mess up the computerised stuff inside it. Nothing has happend so far with it.

The features are awesome. There is so many. This amp fits my syle of music. It has 4 channels which has 36 spaces to save some of the 400+ presets or your own sounds. It does have a headphone jack. The effects sound great too. I really like the compare mode also. It doesn't really do anything special, it just lets you find out how the manufacturers created the presets.I can't really think of anything else this thing could have. it's got it all! I play this amp in my room and at my schools talent shows every year.

bodger6
    I have a JMC marshall head and 4 x 12 cab, a selmer 30, three carlsboro's and then I bought this. I love this amp, Ive gigged it and didnt have it full up! I play a strat with duncan seymour noiseless pick ups and we do a lot of AC/DC songs when we play. The other two lads are also thinking of getting spiders I think they may be waiting for a reliability period. They keep nicking my amp on practice nights. We love it, I love it...
    tommyboy610
    this isnt a very good amp. i had it previously and sold it for a raven rg100. i hated this one cuz it sounded like crap with my pedals. its good for cheap people who dont wanna buy pedals though.
    steve_lind
    I don't see why everybody likes this amp so much.... Ive had mine for close to a year and I absolutely hate it I want to get rid of it and get a mesa boogie
    n00barmy
    I have this amp and while it is good for noodling around, I would never gig with it. It just sounds muddy to me. I can't get a "clear" sound out of it. I have a 15 watt Crate tube bass amp that I use for my guitar and I would gig with that thing over my Line 6 in a heartbeat. The crate gives off a much crisper sound (distorted or clean), much better than the Line 6 IMO; But, I could've just got a lemon. If someone stole this amp I wouldn't replace it. I'd probably grab another Crate.
    Farbeyondmetal
    I laugh at the people saying "blablabla, get a vox" e.t.c This amp, is built for versatility, and to provide a great range of sounds for a cheap price. Ain't gonna get versatility like this in a vox. >.
    RHCPROCK!
    BurningTheLives wrote: You obviously need to learn how to use it. The clean sound is great IF you know how to set it up. And it has a distortion boost, which makes distortion pedals unnecessary.
    any suggestions for good clean sound? i can get a good sound for blues, but i can't strum any chords on this amp on a clean setting without it sounding muddy =/, which kinda makes me want to sell it >_