Spider III 120 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 120

I am currently use a Jay Turser JT-220 with stock pick-ups, and it sounds phenomenal. There is hardly any buzz/humm and the sound is very clear. I can easily get a grunge like Nirvana sound, or a Heavy Metal sound with no problem. The clean settings are also amazing. With Mid, Bass, and treble set to 12:00, it sounds just like an acoustic guitar without the amp. The clean channel can get a bit distorted (But only a bit) if your guitar volume is all the way up. An easy way to get rid of that is lower your guitar volume and raise your amp volume, and the sound is golden. All in all, the clean is very clean, and the distortion is distorted without being outdone but the buzz.

I am very impressed with this amp. I mostly play hard/punk/classic rock, and I have no problems getting a desired sound. I haven't had it for long, but I am still very impressed. If it were ever to break by un-natural causes I would definitely buy another one. In my opinion, Line 6 is one of the best sounding amp manufacturers our there, I've been using them for years, and for the quality you get for the price, this is definitely a great investment.

I have had the amp for about 3 months now, no problems yet, hopefully there won't be any. I am very happy with this amp, and I would definitely use it during a gig. This thing at 120 watts is an ear bleeder. The other guitarist in my band uses Marshall and has a 200watt cabinet with a 100watt head, and he has to turn up his volume to keep up with me.

This amp is still fairly, 2007 (Maybe 2006) I believe. I moved up from a 15watt Kustom amp, and I must say, it was quite a jump. I'm a in a straight up rock band, and the sounds this amp can make are amazing. It has over 400 presets from bands like Metallica, Slipknot, ACDC, Killswitch Engaged, and it's very versatile. If you want that heavy 80's Metal sound, this amp will make it. If you want a lighter Blink 182 sound, you can get it with this amp. I like the preset channels because with the push of a button you can change your tone, rather than going oldschool and playing with all the knobs. The amp comes with built in Chorus, Flangerm Phaser, Tremolo, Echo, Delay, and reverb effects, and because of it, you can get thousands of unique sounds, without having to go out and buy indiviual pedals with could cost hundreds. With an amp like this, any band can sound original. But I have yet to find a compatible pedal board that can control all of the effects.