Spider III 120 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 120

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: long & Mcquade

I'm using an Ibanez Xiphos, Ibanez SA series, and a Charvel Acoustic and they all sound awesome thru it. My Xiphos has DiMarzio D-Activators which sound like actives, but don't have the hassles. They sound awesome on the amp(trying to sell the Xiphos, you want it? look me up! ). It is very quiet when your not playing. I leave it on sometimes because I think that it's off. The most versatile amp I've played. I haven't played much tho, so I have a ways to go. The cleans are crisp and piano-y. The distortion is... I can't describe the distortion, it's just bitchin. The insane setting is out of this world. you never need another distortion pedal again (maybe the Ibanez tube king).

Good match for any style of music. It shines in it's distortion and cleans tho. Very good lead amp. Or rhythm, whatever it's just sik, ok? I've been playing for three years and taught myself. I'm at that stage where I'm starting to learn discipline to play and am learning lots, rapidly. It sounds great, loud or quiet and would definitely buy another one if it got stolen. I might get the 40 watt Bogner Designed tubey one tho. I can't say there's anything I hate about it... I guess if I had to pick something I wanted, I wish there were numbers on the volume and tone knobs. I played an Ibanez TBX and a Marshall MG and this was better than both in my opinion. I'd reccomend this amp to anyone seeking a powerful combo and to someone Who plays all styles of music. (P.S buy my XIPHOS!:)

I would use this in a gig, but I can't say how durable it is. For one, I'm not in a band anymore. Two, I haven't had it long enough to say if it'll take a kick in the teeth. I've heard some bad things about the amp, like somebody put the jack thru the jack not in it, or the effects don't work anymore, but we'll see what happens. It's still under warranty, so I'm not worried.Overall, looks good, sounds great, and I'm sure it'll hold it's own on the stage.

This awesome amp was built in 2006 and it's the best amp I've owned so far. Now I know that there are people out there that going to think that Line 6 builds garbage, and I'm not in the position to argue that because I haven't had the amp that long. Things might go wrong, but for now, this amp sounds great. It seems solid. This workhorse will play anything I feed it and more. I mainly play metal and classic rock, and it does these styles fantastically. It has four channels, and it has a bunch of four channel bank presets to go to a soon as it comes outa the box. After I got the amp for x-mas, I got the FBV Express foot pedal too. Might I add that it's great too. It's a solid state, but the sounds you can tweak out of it could fool you. I do wish that it had jacks to hook up to cabs or other amps. You could probably make the amp sound even better than it does if you swapped out the Line6 Celestions for some real Celestions.

penybad132
    well its been over 2 yrs since i got mine and i still love it . the distortion is great. presets kik azz. and it still rattles the walls. the only drawback is that with ANY solid state amp your not gonna be able to be as loud as the drums unless you run through a p.a. period. but this amp is awsome. no problems whatsoeva. and the tone is KILLER