Spider III 120 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 120

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I run my ESP LTD M-100 with stock H-H pickups. I leave it on the bridge pickup 99.9% of the time because the presets will make it sound anywhere from a crisp clean to a hard dirty crunch. As before I play metal and this amp certainly gets the job done. I would have picked the Marshall combo tube amp over it but the spider 3 blew away almost all of the tube amps in the store. It has as much variety as you can think to put into it. I have yet to get the FBV express pedal but will need one soon. The clean volume at high levels hasn't given me any distortion so far but clean is rarely used in my vocabulary and the distortion on this amp blew me away.

This amp will suit any style of music to my standards. It's a very good match for me because I like to screw around on all of the channels to see what kind of weird sounds I can get out of it. I've been playing for almost three years now and the only other thing I own is my 15watt amp and a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. I asked everything about the product before I played it, I.E, Does it sound good loud? Will it give me a good heavy metal crunch? Will it cut threw drums when practicing in my cousints garage? Does everything work on it? That kinda stuff. I don't think I could lose an amp this big but if it were lost or stolen I wouldn't definately get another. Possibly a 150 or a used HD75 with a 4x12 stack. I compared it to a Peavey 100watt amp and a used Marshall fx100? The only thing I wish it came with was one of those recorders and maybe a new guitar cable!

I've only had it in my room for about a week now because I don't want to take it anywhere yet, don't want anything to happen while it's still new(to me). But if and when I gig with it I will most likely not bring a backup because. Well I don't have one haha. Amp has never broken down on me. I played it 3/4 of the way turned up in samash for about five minutes and didn't get any feed back or unwanted statis out of it. So far it hasn't broken down or been neglected.

No clue when the amp was made. Bought it used for atleast a hundred off. I play all different kinds of metal from Metallica to Lamb Of God. It comes standard with the clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane channels with two of each. This amp doesn't have all the different effects I could dream of but I don't even use the effects unless there turned on with one of the four hundred presets it comes with. Comes with built in tuner (which is a blessing for me), a distortion boost, and noise gate to get rid of that static on high levels of volume. I went to this from a Fender 15 Watt fontman and I am very impressed because all of my friends that I jam with say it's not very good.