Spider III 120 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 120

Purchased from: Leitz Music

I'm using a Fender Jazzmaster with humbuckerish sound single coil soap bar pickups. For me this amp suits everything I need it for I play thrash and rock and it handles those amazingly.The effects are studio quality and don't get drowned out with distortion.it never gets noisy and if it ever does just Switch on the noise gate and its fixed. This amp can make many different styles of distortions and cleans from a slight overdrive tone to a searing metal lead to crystal clear cleans. Iv had this thing about a year and a half and haven't got tired of it yet I have my presets set the way i like them and am very happy. My one complaint is it does get a LITTLE muddeld at high volumes but I'd rather mic the amp and keep the tone than use it without one and screw up the tone.

I've been playing for about four years and play thrash metal, hard rock, punk, grunge, and classic rock it suits it all. I wish I'd have known it only worked with Line 6 footswitches that sucks. if someone stole it theyd have a heck of a time carrying it out that suckers heavy but I'd prly buy a half stack Line 6 spider iv. I love everything about it and hate nothing but the footswitch problem. I didn't compare it with anything because the staff at the store reccomended it to me and I needed not try anything else after I heard it.

You can surely depend on this thing. I'd definatley gig without a backup. Its never failed me its ben thrown in the back of a wet truck and carried everywhere. Very good durability. Its just heavy as heck. It doesn't need regular servicing because its solid state.

Came out in 2006 I believe. This thing blows me away every time I turn it on it fits every style of music you can throw at it.From country to Thrash metal. The effects are very great it has Modulation: Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, and Tremelo Delay: Delay, Tape Delay, and Sweep Echo and reverb. The time of the delay is controlled by the tap button just tap it to make it as fast as you can tap it. It has four channels, 36 user presets, 300 artist presets(never use them), and 250 song presets(some are spot on some a little off) The amp models are great they range from Fender amps to Mesa Dual Rectifiers and offer an awesome base for dialing in your own sound. It also features an accurate tuner, built in noise gate, and distortion boost. Only problem is it only works with a Line 6 foot pedals.its Solid state has an mp3 player jack and a headphone and recording jack.

ltd v100
    ive had this amp for bout four years now, i think it has great tones(you just have to find a preset you like n mess with the g), the effects are great never had a problem with them, plus i have an express pedal for the amp n the wah wah is impressive, plus this amp can easily rattle your walls without losing alot of the sound, unlike some amps, so i am proud to say i own this amp
    MaggaraMarine
    Everybody says it has 12 channels. It has 12 amp models and 4 presets. I would say it has one or four channels. You have the knobs for only one but you can save the presets so maybe four channels.
    HxC Cody
    Love this amp!!! After buying it Line 6 has sold me on it's amp's I use to play marshel amps for Practice, On tour, Recording ect... Cut straight to the chase-This amp is durable,LOUD, and very custom depending on the user, yes only 4 button presets but if your a experienced guitarist you need 2-4 actual presets for example all my songs are distorted and I toned in all my presets to my liking! 1st pre set is just distorted 2nd has a long delay 3rd has tape echo 4th rarely used but chorus. With the foot pedal and all the effects it makes having it easyier then 12 foot pedals!
    ibanezrg762773
    the spider four is alot better, steve vai being a friend of my father uses my spider four 120 alot he loves it. so its obviously not to bad