Spider III 120 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 120

Purchased from: guitar center

I use this amp with multiple guitars a ESP Mirage w/Duncans a Schecter Blackjack with active Duncans a Les Paul with the Zakk EMGs a Peavey EVH Wolfgang (sounds pretty awesome through this amp in drop c haha) Suits my style very well. I have gigged with the amp along with a Marshall combo (that I actually can't hate lol and made me grateful enough for this spider to write my first and only review)and the only drawback I found with this amp is the clean is obviously not the greatest and can tend to get noisy running effects through it at gig volumes or maybe it was the sound guy lol. Really a great practice amp that's for sure.

Mostly heavy rock and metal, classic rock as well, been playing 20 some years and have owned a couple of Marshalls in that time. This thing sounds better than they have, and quite frankly I am terribly down on them right now considering how great they are supposed to be. I love the gain on this amp and the built in noise gate/distortion, don't really hate anything about this amp, think they could of made the preset searching/saving, etc a little more user friendly other than that its all put together very well. If it were lost or stolen I am pretty sure I would want to replace this amp because of the reasonable price for the quality for room practice.

I believe it is dependable for a gig, I have gigged with it and its solid state so you don't have to worry about tubes. Amp has had no issues as of yet. I have not had to deal with Line 6 and have owned multiple products from them however their online support seems to be decent. The other effects I own and/or have owned from Line 6 have had no issues either. Friends of mine own Line 6 gear as well and have had no issues that I am aware. Hell top band in towns guitarist uses a spider 3 head and cab live and they have been doing very well for themselves for quite some time. Sound great.

Very excellent solid state combo amp for the money. Has a very wide array of tone variations. Of course I say both these things thinking that everyone is into the heavey stuff like me lol. Its good for blues and clean stuff as well but really shines for the heavier stuff. Amp has a lot of cool built in features and some decent tone presets as well. Amp does have channel switching (just not your most common clean od1 od2) does not have a effects loop, does have a CD mp3 in jack for playing along with some of your music if you choose to do so.

mas789
    my roomate's mother makes $79 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for 5 months but last month her check was $21010 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site Great70dotcom
    ross433
    i borrowed one of these when my marshall combo was being serviced and was suprised by how bad line 6 amps are these things are clearly aimed at teenagers who practice mettalica riffs in the bedroom . how many scooped seetings do you need on an amp ffs ? in addition most of the clean settings sound exactly the same so why include so many ? the tone breaks up badly when you crank these amps which is why youll never see a gigging player use one in a live setting the one i borrowed couldnt even cope with a rehersal much less a live gig which probably explains why there are so many line 6 amps on the secondhand market .....save your money buy a secondhand marshall avt 150 .they arent the best amp but a whole lot better than line 6