Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Cranbourne Music

I am using an Epiphone Les Paul 100 with stock pickups. It fits perfectly with my style of music (lots of crunch distortion). This little 15w amp can get extremely noisy when on full, but choose the wrong settings and a lot of feedback comes in. The amp can make pretty decent sound when you have the tremolo and phaser on creates a futuristic kind of sound. Sometimes if there's too much treble/bass or mids the distortion kind of takes over the amp. The clean at high volumes doesn't distort (thankfulyl) but when you turn the amp off and on the clean has a phaser effect on it which can be annoying at times.

I love playing metalcore. This amp is basically a perfect match. I have been playing 6 years now and have never seen a better amp for its price, I own a Behringer Gm 108 (good starter amp), compared to that this amp is in a league of its own. If it were stolen I would definately go back to the shop and buy a new one but if I had the money I'd upgrade to the 75w version with pre set tones in it. I absolutely love the distortion in this amp can't get any distortion like this amp. I had a choice of this or a Fender (can't remeber what model) tried them both out but this one was a lot better. But I wish it had the pre sets like in the 75w model.

Yes I could depend on this amp at a gig but it would require a few backups for its voltage. The amp hasn't broken down yet (thankfully) because I only got it today so I don't know how much service it would require. But this amp still is quite sturdy the outer body is very hard to break.

The Line 6 Spider 3 is a superb amp for it's price. It is a 4 channel amp with 6 effects (up to 2 at a time). It has a headphone jack and a CD/mp3 slot so you can play along with your music. This amp is pretty sturdy so it won't break easily. I like to play metalcore music (Atreyu, Parkway Drive) and with this amp set on insane it sounds perfect. There is 4 choices of sound clean, crunch, metal and insane (my personal favourite). On the downside though this amp needs to be up quite loud to get the right tones.

k90728
    The clean sucks on it. Insane is the best setting on it and it brings a pretty good distortion without any pedals.
    andy_h04
    yeah the clean setting is s**t i hate the presets though very annoying always having to change them when you turn the amp on...