Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

I've got two electrics, Fender Duo Sonic dual single coils, and an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 dual humbuckers, and a Dean ML coming. Gotta tell you this amp is great with both, I also tried it out with a Dean-O-Flame and a Gibson Les Paul. This amp is great for them all. Clean channel stays clean no matter how high. Gets noisy with Insane and sometimes metal depending on if you've maxed out the gain, throw on the noise gate, problem solved. The distortion on this thing is great. This amp works great for what I play, mainly heavy metal (Pantera, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Kiss]and hard rock [Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd) and even grunge (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden) and black metal (Cradle Of Filth, Amon Amarth).

Like I said earlier I play heavy metal and this is a good match. For the price hands down this is the greatest amp. Dude, if this thing were to be stolen, I'd find the moron Who stole something from me, and show him the back of my guitar solo. If it were to break, I'd cry. But, yeah I'd definately get another one I got together the cash. I've tried the 120, and 75 and 30 watt versions, don't go for the 120, and the 75 you might wanna reconsider, as you might be able to get something with tubes and more/better effects. I love the effects, looks, sound and price. If you don't have it, and got $100, run to your nearest Guitar Center, and getcha pull.

Definately dependable. Seems sturdy enough to use without a back up. This thing weighs like 30 pounds, so it ain't much too lug around. Haven't broken it, yet, only had it for two weeks. So in the mean time, it's still kickin' and my guitars are screamin'.

15 watts, solid state amp with an 8in custom speaker. I don't know when it was made. It's got four channels: clean, crunch, metal and insane. 6 effects (up to two at the same time), flanger/chorus (depending on if you have the intensity maxed out or what), phaser, tremolo, sweep and tap Echoes, and reverb. Intensity levels an be adjusted using the knob. There's a master and channel volume. Gain, treble, mids, and bass controls to fine tweak each channel. The four preset channels can be reset and then you can store your desired tone. You an activate the noise gate, distortion boost, or control delay time for Echoes. Word to the wise when using the clean channel the echo turns on, to avoid this and any other auto effects, hold the insane button while turning the amp on. Headphone jack, and CD/mp3 jack. I play in my bedroom, and around the house, if you have your channel volume maxed out, don't go past 2 with the master volume. Great amp, totally worth it. Of course as you get better you'll want better, but for a while this works great.