Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

For now I'm using a Squire Mini Strat. I am not really sure what types of pickups they are but they are not any thing new they're the ones that came with it. This amp suits my style of music perfectly, because I play allot of types of rock. I play, metal, screamo, emo, alternative, and some punk (it's better for most types of metal) As specially types of metal were it is all deep and low sounding. Other than low sounds it can also make like some weird noises like echo and phaser or something like that.

My over all impression of this amp is that is a stupendous amp to play rock on or any type of metal, because all of the channels are meant for some sort of rock. I have been playing this for almost a month now and it still as like brand new. This amp is so good that if I lost and or got it stolen I would buy in a heart beat. I also love that it is very easily stored and takes up very little room for such a small amp.

The spider 15 is pretty durable for it's size, and no I wouldn't use it for a gig because I don't think is loud enough for a gig. But if it was a little bit bigger I would use it for a gig. I have just gotten it recently so it hasn't broken down or blown out yet so it's pretty reliable.

First off I'd like to say that the Line 6 Spider III 15 is a very great amp to use all around. What I liked about this amp is that it has channel switching from, clean, crunch, metal and, insane. I like insane the most though because, well it sounds insanely awesome. The thing I wish it had the most is a built in tuner because I do not have a tuner of my own yet and my guitars are out of tune and usually always are out of tune. I also don't like the echo control or the other stuff that can make it sound weird. I also like the power for its small size.

Nightfyre
    arondadi wrote: what's the diffrence between a spider II 15 and spider III 15?
    i find the spider 3's have more bass to the sound, to the point where it sounds horrible unless you crank it up. the noise gate has to be the best thing about this entire amp, cuz otherwise it hums and gets feedback like crazy. if you take some time with the eq clean isn't bad, and i find that i lose a lot of my picking definition in insane mode. plus it seems too thick and muddy. metal's ok, not quite as thick. crunch, as previously stated, sucks a$$. note that this is from home practice. we'll see how metal and insane hold up when i get with my band in a couple weeks. i have to use this until i get enough cash to get a cube, which will be about 3 weeks from now (mid-month payday). does anybody else find that it sounds better through headphones?
    acidtone
    uptheirons17 wrote: nice amp if your simply just using it to practise and record songs at home, i wouldnt play any gigs or band practises with it. And for the price who could go wrong.
    well...the spider II 15 sucks and the spider III 15 sucks more..not good value for money...roland cube is the way to go.....
    520EXIIIFP
    Yo dudes xD, I got the Spider III pretty recently, in April or something. The first one i got was broken so I got reaaaally pissed off Had 2 wait for 2 weeks berfore I could get a new one, but when i finally got it i was impressed like h-ll, Couldnt stop playing, I just love it thats why Im gonna buy a Floor Pod from Line 6, it really is the best 15 watt amp u can get on the market right now so shut the f-ck up and stop with your complaints just because its better than a da-n roland
    megadeth_online
    roland cube sucks @ss...it looks like an elder amp. spider III got the killer modern look,and sound.