Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Steve's Music

I am using and ESP guitar with their factory pickups, they sound pretty sweet from what I've ever played on this amp. I've never used Emgs or anything like that. It suits my music perfectly and has great tones to it. Sometimes though if you put the treble and mid too high it will get all feebacky and annoying. I think the clean setting is distorted at higher volumes, but it might just be my guitar I'm no quiet sure. The distortion is the best that I've ever heard.

This is a good match for any type of music that uses distortion. I've been playing for a couple years now, and it's the best amp I've ever had. If this was lost or stolen, as soon as I had the money I would run out and buy another one. The only thing I wish it had though was a pedal to change the channels.

I can definitly depend on this during a gig, but I probably wouldn't use it because it wouldn't be loud enough. This has never broken down and I don't think it will. It is very dependable though.

I think this amp was made in 2006, It is I think the newest version of it so I'm not complaining. I play from rock to post hardcore and this amp is good for all of it. it's got 4 channels, insane, metal, crunch and clean. But the clean, I don't think is always perfectly clean, it might be my guitar but it always has a tiny bit of distortion on it unless I use the neck pickup. it's got a headhone jack and an mp3 jack so you can plug your mp3 player into it and it will play like a CD player. I only use this amp at home right now, it's definitly got enough juice for me. The only think I don't like about this amp is that you have to take your hand of your guitar to change the channel, if your not using a pedal. it's also really good because it comes with factory presets for each channel, and you can save your settings for each of them. I think the only setting that can give you good pinch harmonics is the insane. It has really good features on it though.