Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Steves Music

With my ESP F-50 I have its factory pickups, ESP LTD-150s. I play a lot of metal and I always use the insane setting and it works fabulous. I havn't turned it loud enough to have any major distortion problems or a lot or feedback. I can really fine tune the essence of some bands becausethere is 5 setting knobs, you can capture basically any type of band sonds.

Like I said before I play a lot of metal and rock, it matches it great mainly because of the 5 setting knobs and the channel buttons. I've been playing guitar for about a year and I own (like I said before) an ESP F-50 and they suite eachother great. If it was stolen I'd definatly but another one but maybe a 30 watt. I love all the setting, I can't think of anything I don't like. Well I was about to get this Peavey amp but this one costed less and has a lot of settings that I'd use. The thing I lave most is that I can use one patchcord because I don't need a petal anymore, this amp should be worth 300 dollars, it's extreamly good.

This amp is extreamly durably, I can depend on it for anything. I brought it to my friends one time in the rain (never do that, I did anyways) and it didn't break or get fuzzy or anything. It hasn't broken down yet and I doubt it ever will unless I drop it or if I spill liquid on it.

This amp was made in 2006. I love this amp because it tends to all my needs, it also has many effects which are actually used, not just the bad ones that nobody uses. It has Phaser, Chorus/Flange, Tremelo, Sweep Echo, Tape Echo and Reverb. It has Clean, Crunch, Metal and Insane. Insane being the most distorted and Clean having no distortion. It has a headphone jack but it needs a bigger metal rod then 1/8. I've used all the effects in a song one time or another. It has 15 Watts but when it's on Insane it seemes like a lot more. This is the best amp I've ever owned. For real.

Snuffles
    I forgot to mention some features, if you hold the tap/delay button and crank the drive button past 12'O Clock it has a distortion boost or hold the tap/delay button and crank the echo/reverb knob past 12'O Clock and you have the noise gate
    nick11link
    The Spider III 15W is probably the best 15W amp on the market. It's affordable and sound nice, especially if you set it right. And it's an excellent practice amp.