Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

I accidently wrote everything under the "features" category. But, I use a B.C. Rich Masterpiece Bich with factoroy humbuckers and they scream on this amp. I'm usually playing Coheed And Cambria, some Killswitch Engage, some As I Lay Dying, some Megadeth, some Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Hendrix, Guns N' Roses etc. This amp suits every one of those bands and can nail almost every sound but your own as stated in the "features" section. The clean channel gets a little to twangy at times, but is pretty consistant throughout. The distortion is more than brutal.

This amp matches any style of music and is great for any aspiring guitarist. I have been playing long enough to know good sound when I hear it, and this is good sound. This product is pretty straighforward, you get what you see on the box with no surprises. If this amp was lost, broken, or stolen somehow, I would definitely buy another one, hell I might even buy two just because it's such a great buy. Squels, heavy chugging riffs, some shred, blues rock, this amp throws it all out without the hassle of tweaking and twisting around with knobs. The only thing missing from this amp is the ability to make unique tones that suit your own style of music, other than that though you've got everything else under the sun. If you're a beginner guitarist, or need a small travel amp, or have nevr owned a Line 6 before, this is definitely the way to go. I reccomend this amp to just about everyone.

A very durable amp, I've dropped it, bumped it, spilled beer on it and it's lasted me through parties and many jam sessions. I've never had to worry about reliability, it's about as reliable as your eyes are, when you wake up, you expect them to open. As far as the amp breaking down from neglect, I couldn't tell you because this is pretty much my primary tool.

First of all I'd like to say that I bought this amp after playing a cheap Fender amp that I bought for 800 kwai ($100) in China, and frankly anything might have sounded better. But regardless, as soon as I plugged my Masterpiece Bich in, pressed that appropriately titled 'insane' button, and started tearing through some Killswitch riffs, I knew I had made a good choice. Being a substantial metal fan, I long for that wall shaking bellow that is the result of a palm muted open 6th string. I know I am not alone in this Quest, well, my ex Quest. It ended with the purchase of this amp. Moving on to more important details, the amp also comes with a convenient array of presets, each with it's own unique sound that makes the amp very versatile out of the box. These presets include 'clean', 'crunch', 'metal', and 'insane'. Clean and Metal are relatively self explanatory while Crunch and Insane bring extra flavors to the table, Crunch gives an easy 70s rock tune, rather than tweaking with your settings on other amps, this is available at the touch of a button. Insane is a very, very overdriven sound that comes with the amp without having to buy a pricey crazy distortion pedal. The presets work great if you're a newbie to tone, hell even if you are critical about your tone the presets are great, but if you're like me and you MUST make tone your bitch before you start shredding away, then you may find a little bit of trouble with this model. There are the standard knobs that have your basic 'treble', 'bass', 'middle', but that's about it. I found myself turning the knobs back and forth without finding my perfect tone, I found good tones, but I couldn't effectively make my own that sounded unique enough to my liking. Basically what I am trying to say is, presets good, tone meddling bad. Fortuntely enough, the presets are good enough that I don't mind using them, but after a while a longing for grittier sounds emerge and you are forced to either buy a pedal, or a new amp. Now there are some extra features on the amp that are a definite bonus, and make the amp worth your money. The addition of the effects knobs make it an interesting buy, with the ability to use two effects at once, you save money not buying a pedal to play around with these effects. Each knob comes with it's own unique effect, like delay, reverb, and phaser. However it is not easy to Switch in and out of these sounds, for the turning of a knob is necessary to go in and out of sounds. So like I said, you can have some fun playing around, but eventually you will need a pedal for more efficient use. Along with all of these other features, there is also a Headphone Jack, the ability to record, and a very handy port where you can play your own music through the amp, and play along with it. Overall, this amp is jam packed with features that make it well worth the price, it is an extremely good buy. It's a good starter amp for beginners, and a great travel amp for road trips, it's small size and reltively light weight make it easy to carry and efficient for quick car movements. The absence of technicalities are the only things keeping me from giving this a ten, the ability to create a better tone and save it as my own would be very useful, but nonetheless it's a great buy. Good amp, great price, even better buy.

mister bass guy
    I WAS GONNA GET A ROLAND CUBE AMP, BUT THE GUY AT GUITAR CENTER SAID THIS IS BETTER. HELP ME OUT WHICH ONES BETTER?