Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

I play Rock and Jazz, and this amp can definately keep up. When I'm playing Smooth Jazz, I can use the "Clean" and when I want to play some Metal, I simply turn it to "Metal". It has the most bass out of all the settings, and I love it. When it comes to solos, "Insane" is all I need. Although, Insane is pretty noisy, I don't really have a problem with it. People complain about the pre-sets, saying that they don't like the way it sounds. But what most people don't understand is that you can change the pre-sets and save your changes! You just have to read the manual, but I don't think most people do. The only thing that stops this from being a 10 is the fact that "Insane" is noisy.

I have been playing for 6 years, and it could be that this is my first really good amp, but this amp is very good. If this ever broke down on me (which I doubt very seriously, it's a strong amp) then I would probably buy the same one again, or maybe even the upgraded version of this for $200. All in all, this a good home/practice amp that will last you a long time, and it's a good deal for only $100.

This amp has never broken down on me, and it's pretty durable. I have even knocked it around a couple times (on accident) and it's held together nicely. This amp is very tough. The only problem would be that you would have to stop and press buttons if you would want to Switch channels during a gig. That's the only problem I have with this amp. Other than that, it's perfect.

This is good amp at a good price. It's my first 'real' amp, since my last two were pretty cheap. It has 4 channels, and on each of the 4 channels you can pick up to 6 effects, using 2 simultaneously. It also has a headphone jack. It's very powerful and also very loud, I never turn it past 2 when I'm playing alone.