Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

I use humbucker pickups on this amp. I played my friend Strat that has single coil pickups and I find that distortion doesn't sound as rich anf full as with humbuckers. When clean single coils and humbuckers perform beautifully on it. It suits and style but it is more catered to metal and rock. This amp is dead quiet. When your not playing it makes very little or absolutly no noise. It has an incredible variety of sounds (see above for a full list of effects). The clean channel becomes slightly distorted at high volumes, (mind you I tried it on my other guitar and it sounded cleaner, so I guess it depends on the guitar how distorted it gets). The distortion is brutal. I love it. The overdrive will make it heavier even when using the insane channel.

I play metal and rock and it is a great match for that. it's is an adaquate match for anything else. I Have been playing for 3 years and own an Ibanez RG350DX. The people who sold it to me told me everything I needed to know. I would get the same amp if it were lost or stolen because well, it's awesome. I love the amount of distortion and different amp models on it.I don't hate anything about it. I compared it to a Marshall 15 watt. I chose this one because of the range os sound and tones. I wish it had a few more amp models but the larger models like the 50 watt have that.

You can depend on this amp. I wouldn't go to a gig with the 15 watt model of this amp just because it just doesn't have the power to get loud enoguh. If I had a larger version of this amp I would use it in a gig without a backup. My amp has never broken down (mind you it is a practise amp).

This amp is very versatile and a suitable practice amp for all styles. It has 4 different amp models clean (self explantory. Crunch suitable for blues/early classic rock. Metal suitable for well metal and heavy tones. Insanes is absolutly awesome for high distortion, not as deep and heavy as the Metal settings. There are also 6 effects, chorus/flanger, phaser, reverb, sweep echo, tape echo, and tremolo. There's nothing on this amp that I don't use. It has plenty of power, it may be a 15 watt but it is loud. There is a headphone jack and a line in slot. Its features are great. You can adjust the setting and save them on the amp models if you feel yours is better. The manual tells you everything.

blackdeath1523
    I don't really like this amp. It has alot of feedback and it sounds like it has some cheap distortion. The insane channel sounds like crap because its got alot of feedback if its past like 5 volume. Whatever you do, i mean seriously, DONT GIG WITH IT! My spider III 75 watt can over power it on 3 and thats 1/4 of the way up.