Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

The amp has four different amp models, clean, crunch, metal, and insane. I don't use metal or crunch too much, because just by turning the gain down on the insane channel I can get different distortion settings on it. The insane channel gives me all the distortion I could ever want, and I like playing metal a lot. I use clean a lot when I'm playing jazz or acoustic type songs, and the clean channel gives good tonal range.

I play a lot of rock, metal, and jazz stuff, and this amp gives me nice tones for each of these genres, plus a buttload of effects I can use for whatever I want. It's the only amp I've owned so far, but from what I've heard of other amps and what I've checked out at places, for the price, it is an amazing practice amp in my opinion. A great buy!

Reliability-wise, I've never had a problem with this amp. Nothing has ever broken down on it. It's a very durable amp, I've transported it to practice places, and it's fallen down in the trunk a few times, but nothings ever happened to it. It's also been knocked down in practice a few times by our bassist Who's rather clumsy, but again, nothings ever gone wrong, it's a very durable amp.

This amp is loaded with features, for a $100 15w amp. It has four different amp models, clean, crunch, metal, and insane. It has two effects knobs, so two can be on at once, and the effects are good standard effects one should have in their arsenal in my opinion, like reverb, tape echo, sweep echo, chorus/flanger, tremolo and phaser. It has a headphone jack for anyone who needs to practice in a quiet or household environment. It also has an eigth-inch input jack, for plugging in an mp3 player, CD player, any kind of stereo system you'd want to.

thebettyfier
    mister bass guy wrote: I WAS GONNA GET A ROLAND CUBE AMP, BUT THE GUY AT GUITAR CENTER SAID THIS IS BETTER. HELP ME OUT WHICH ONES BETTER?
    isn't that why you are looking @ the reviews?
    thebettyfier
    Digitronix wrote: Do any pedals work on this amp? except Line 6 pedals??? btw, awesome stuff... get real, its a really cool amp 15W c'mon, i take it half way through and i dont even hav to call all my neighbourhood to come for a visit
    it depends...it doesn't have a normal footswitch port in the back but any wah wah or eg boss/behringer distortion/overdrive should work fine with 2 leads
    thebettyfier
    ironmadman87 wrote: the truth is this amp really isn't that good, not even as a practice amp. I don't know why everyone is having an orgasm over this. There are waaay better products out there. The only feature that stands out is the clean mode, and the "insane" setting gets tiring quick. For beginners, it's an OK practice amp to jam on. For intermediate and advanced players, this amp just doesn't cut it. Like I said, there are way better distortion effects out there than this conveniently built-in modeling amp.
    for example?
    thebettyfier
    The only problem would be that you would have to stop and press buttons if you would want to Switch channels during a gig.
    isn't that what footswitches are for?
    kyleblackflag
    C_majzer wrote: NO I don't really have a PRS... but if I did, you could have it--IF you can find an combo amp better than the CUBE 60 from ROLAND.
    how about any amp that doesnt sound digital?