Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

I've used a Squier Strat and Squier Tele and they both work fine with it. I play mostly classic rock and some heavier stuff, like Black Sabbath, and the metal is great. I like the Drive knob, and it works well. The amp has a ton of variety, and their are 6 different effect, and you can vary their effect. The effects are: Chorus Flange, Phaser, Tremolo, Sweet Echo, Tape Echo, and Reverb.

It handles all kinds of music well, and I can usually get the tone I want by fiddling with it for a little bit. If it was stolen and somebody gave me the money I paid for it then, yes, I would buy it again. My favorite feature is probably the effects, since I'm a beginner guitarist and had never got to use effects before, besides distortion. I mainly chose this one because I liked the features it came with and I could get it at a great price for the Memorial Day sale.

I think you can definitely depend on it. I don't do gigs so I wouldn't really know how that would work out. It hasn't broken, and seems to be in full working condition. I haven't got good sound recently, but that's because I need a new cable. Hopefully once I get that (anybody have a suggestion?) I should be able to get great sound again.

This is a great amp, and excellent for the price. It has 4 channels, clean, crunch, metal, and insane. If you want to just play louder and cleaner, just turn up the master volume control and keep the channel volume down all the way so you don't get any of the echo from the clean. There's a headphone jack, a CD/MP3 jack, and the headphones is also a recording feature. This amp has plenty of power for practicing, which I mainly do at my computer.

m4l666
    I have this amp as well. I agree that it's annoying that you have to turn it up so much to get better tone. I have solved this problem by playing with headphones.