Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: PMT Technology

I am currently using a Dean ML through this amp, which has 2 open humbuckers, which makes the tone very powerfull. As I have said before, I play mostly rock and metal, and this amp can accomodate them, aswell as other styles such as blues, funk and jazz. This amp isnt very noisy, it has a built in noise gate which can be turned on or off by holding in a button whilst powering up. Supprisingly the clean channel stays quite clean even at high volume, but the distortion fuzzes up, especially on insane.

My overall impression of this amp is that it seems quite good, I can't think why other users of Ultimate-Guitar dislike them, It sounds okay to me, and it has effects to play around with. The only problem I have encountered is when changing channel, the volume jumps to quite loud, meaning you have to tweak it again. If it were stolen or lost, I think I may save up for an Orange amp, but I do like this amp alot, and I think it's a good peice of equipment for 70. The Chorus and flange on this amp can make a very boring peice on clean sound nicer, and the phaser on the metal channel also works quite well.

I have only had this amp a few says so I can't really comment on the durability of it, it looks pretty solid built to me, with rubber coated corners, I should think it will be able to take a few bashes without any damage to the electrics. I would use this on stage without backup, not that I'm planning to, but time will tell nhow tough this amp is.

I Have no idea what year this Amp was made it, maybe 2006. I mostly play rock and metal like Slipknot, Papa Roach, Black Stone Cherry and Nirvana, and this Amp is pretty decent for what those styles. It has 4 channels, clean, crunch, metal and insane. The crunch is abit thin but the other channels sounds nice. This amp also includes effects, it has 1 dial which has chorus/flange, phaser and tremolo, and another dial with sweep echo, tape echo and reverb, all of which sound pretty decent if set up correctly.

Carl_Barks
    i have a Marshall MG15CDR and having played a lot on the 30W version of this i am in second thoughts if i should have bought this one... anyway, the buying occured 2 years ago, now if i am going to buy sth new, it's going to be a Tube. Moooooneyyyyy (it's a crime! )
    dean749
    Need help... Im meant to be getting a Roland cube 15x which is good but a guy who i know says to get this amp the line 6 spider III i play rock/heavy metal music Need abit of advise???
    tbarrettl
    LoveIsHell wrote: dextery wrote: Compared to Marshall MG15DFX, which one has a better sound quality? The line 6 blows the marshall equiv out of the water, much better distortion, less break up and a more renouned tone. But thats my opinion. Best thing is to go to your local music shop and ask to try both.
    I doubt it though it isn't much worse and the price is almost half of the Marshall 15dfx which I had which was as good or better though for practice the Line 6 is more practical.