Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

I honestly use a First Act while playing on this amp. But it really gets the sound that a Gibson would make! This amp can turn anything into a great instrument. It's very controlled soundwise, even on the Insane setting, which has a lot of distortion. The clean channel stays clean at every volume. The only pet peeve I have is, if you put this amp at a high volume on clean, crunch, or metal, when you switch to insane, you get horrible feedback. It might be because of other electronic devices, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the sound on this amp is versatile and caters to a lot of different styles, including classic rock, blues, metal, hard rock, extreme metal, and acoustic. I would play this over an expensive amp any day.

As I mentioned before, I play punk rock, and it really gets the edginess that I want in an amp. But when I want to play blues or something like that, I can get that nice clean bluesy sound. Overall, this is a great amp. I've been playing it for a couple of months now, and that's all I need to know it'll never let me down. I love everything about it and I would definitely buy it again if I lost it. It's the cheapest in the series, but it's probably the most reliable.

One can really depend on this amp. Even if you neglect it or use it as a backup, it'll still be reliable and will never let you down. I would use this amp at a small gig without a backup, because it is very tough. Mine has fallen many times on accident and it sounded exactly the same afterwards. It will probably never break down if you take care of it.

The Spider III 15 Model Amp by Line 6 is a great bang for your buck. It's the cheapest in the series of Spider III's, but it doesn't let down on anything. There's a headphone jack, 4 channels, and it has recordable capabilities. You can play really anything on this amp. The four channels, Clean, Crunch, Metal, and Insane, are easy to Switch between(I find I usually play on Insane, because I'm in a punk band). All you have to do is press a button to get a different style of music. This amp is great for playing small gigs, because with its relatively small size (easy to carry) comes a huge sound. People can definitely hear this amp! There are also two effects knobs. One has the effects chorus/flange, phaser, and tremolo. The other has Sweep Echo, Tape Echo, and Reverb. There are a lot of possibilities with this amp. You can Switch from blues to death metal just like that! The only thing I wish it had was distortion control. It has all other settings knobs, except distortion. I guess you can never really have a perfect amp.

thehater
    Price paid: 99.5 Purchased from: Keymusic @ sint-niklaas(sint-nicolas) Features: The Line 6 Spider 3 (15/75/...) are the best amps i ever had used for it's price. It is a 4 channel amp with 6 effects (up to 2 at a time). It has a headphone jack and a CD/mp3 slot so you can play along with your music. if you ever hase played on it but don't have it you will kill someone for it// 9 Sound: I am using an fender squizer stratocaster. It fits perfectly with my style of music. This little 15w amp can get extremely noisy when it stands on full power, but choose the wrong settings and a lot of feedback comes in. The amp can make pretty decent sound when you have the tremolo and phaser on creates a futuristic kind of sound. Sometimes if there's too much treble/bass or mids the distortion kind of takes over the amp. The clean at high volumes doesn't distort (thankfulyl) but when you turn the amp off and on the clean has a phaser effect on it which can be annoying at times. // 8 Reliability & Durability: now i know how it work without pedal (15w isn't is suported for pedal's what isn't is nessacerie) i whant i bought the 30w with pedal :p // 9