Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

I'm currently using a B\.C\. Rich Bronze Warlock with the factory pickups and it sounds excellent on this Line 6 amp. It's also a really loud amp, at home I'll set it at volume 2 and at practice I'll put it at 5. This babe comes equipped with 6 effects of which you can only use two at a time, these include chorus flanger, phaser, tremolo, sweep echo, tape echo, and my personal favorite, reverb. Sometimes the clean channel will sound distorted at high volumes especially if you put a lot of bass on it, other than that the clean channel sounds beautiful. Now the distortion is massive, specifically if you put in the insane channel which offers a big helping of distortion and the quality to back it up. The crunch offers a sort of a like Led Zeppelin or AC/DC kind of distortion. The Metal channel would give you a Metallica type sound, the distortion kicks ass.

For the heavy metal style of music that I play it's the perfect match. I've been playing guitar for the last 3 and a half years and this is the best amp I have ever owned. Other than this amp I own my B.C. Rich, a Boss distortion pedal and a Dean Markley 14 watt amp, (I know it sucks). If I ever lose this amp or someone takes I'll buy another one. I love everything about it except the tremolo feature, god I hate that. Honestly when I went to the Guitar Center, I tried a Raven amp, a Fender amp, and Marshall 15 watt. I ended choosing this one and if you do, you'll know why. If only it had a Wah Wah effect, that would make it 100% perfect in my opinion, so check it out, for $100 it's definitely worth the buy.

I could definitely depend on this amp without a backup, but knowing me I always have a backup because you never know what could go wrong. The amp has never broken down, I've owned it for a couple of days now and it's pretty sturdy and strong, it's gonna kind of hard to break unless you spill liquid on it or leave it in the rain.

I don't really know the year the amp was made but it's a great amp especially for the music I play, I usually jam to Metallica and it's metal and insane channels suit it very well. This amp comes fully loaded with four programmable channels, the downside is that you can't Switch between them with a pedal, the amp doesn't allow a channel switching pedal to be plugged in. I honestly wish it had a Wah Wah feature, I use all the features on it except the tremolo effect, I think it's useless. I use this amp at home and for band practice and it's awesome.

LoveIsHell
    This is prolly one of the best practice amps on the market...however i think the crunch and metal channels are awful!!!...for me its all about the insane channel which is awesome for metal!!!