Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

I'm using a custom-built guitar with EMG 60 and EMG 81 pickups. It sounds absolutely perfect playing nearly anything. There are so many presets, that it will sound great no matter what. Thrash? Set it to Insane and rock on. Classic? Set it to clean and have fun. And just to let you know, I play quite loud. This amp even has a "noise gate" to cancel out the humming and buzzing of pickups. It does, however make your guitar slightly quieter. But, it's worth it not to get a massive buzz when you let go of it. The distortion on 'Insane' is so crazy, that if you don't know what you're looking for, it will sound like random noise. So turn down the overdrive/gain control if you can't tell.

Overall, the 15-watt Line 6 Spider III is a great choice, weather you just play for fun or play in a few small gigs. it's quiet enough to be played in the house so only you can hear, but still has the capability to crank out some serious noise, despite it's 15-watt rating. I have to say, that when this amp breaks down, gets stolen, or otherwise becomes unusable, I will return to the Line 6 Spider III series, just in a higher wattage. Overall, a great amp for a great price.

This amp has always served me well, and I have a feeling it will for quite some time. It has a completely accessible speaker (with a Line 6 model number for easy identification), so if it ever does bust out the speaker, it can be replaced with little effort. Mine has spent most of it's life on 'Insane' and is still sounding great. I've had it for close to eight months and it has not even hiccuped on me yet. Personally, however, I would always have a backup amp anywhere I go. You never know, all good things must come to an end sooner or later.

This amp is loaded with features that you wouldn't expect with it's low price. It has four pre-set amp models (clean, crunch, metal, and insane), each with varying levels of distortion. The Insane setting is perfect for what I play (mostly thrash). For inputs, it has a standard plugin for a guitar, and it also has a CD-input and headphone jack. The power button is nicely concealed so you won't accidentally turn it off, but is still easy to flip when you need to. Even for only 15 watts, this amp is LOUD. I'd have no problem using this at a small gig. It sounds better and better the louder you set it. It is solid state, so it doesn't quite get the sound I would like, but for the price, I think it's the best you can get.

Thenextlennon4
    I have the same exact amp, 15w and all, and i love the three but not clean. Its all echoey, which i fixed, but it still sounds generic. I got mine for 99.99 at alto music in middletown.
    RequiemofDemons
    I got mine for X-mas since my older practice amp died...and I would have to say I love this amp. Brought it to unvirsity with my to use since its just the right size to fit in my tiny ass room. Live and during practice I use my flextone III plus but this amp getst he job done when I'm chillin by myself and just want to lay down a couple of riffs here and there..definatly worth the buy for the price
    severalwills1
    do pedals work on this thing? I have it but I havent tried it yet b/c I'm grounded. I'm scared to try it. lol