Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

I started using it with Fender single coils, but now am using EMG humbuckers. My style of music is basicly metal, clean sad songs, blues, and rock. it's only a little noisy on the crunch setting-the fuzz type blues sound-but not that much. There is a thing called hidden features that has a noise gate to block out any extra noise. The 4 channels are clean, crunch, metal and insane in that order. the Clean is very good and can get very good ehcos with the tap delay on and it is very good with the reverb to. (yes it has reverb.) the crunch is very good for blues but really matches many led zeppelin songs. The meatl is really just awesome overdrive, but there is no gain knob. The insane is a very high distortion, good for metal. And the distortion will make your ears bleed if you turn it up I mean really they did a very good job with the metal and insane settings. It is also very, very loud and good for small and medium size gigs.

I play music that requiers all settings it's an awesome match. I have been playing for a year and a few months, and you can see my gear on my profile. I would buy this again I really would because it is very reliable. I do want to upgrade to one of them with the like 250 different presets but I gotta wait for the money.I mostly stayon the metal setteing and clean setting but I do use them all. I still wish it had a gain knob. I highly, very highly recomend this product for a practice/small-medium gig amp. Get it.

Yes I would use it without a back up! this thing kicks ass!! You can always depend on it. plus this thing is a tank and can stand up to being kicked off stage and being trampeled (don't ask)its never broken in my life either. it's reliable and durable (very)

This amp has 4 channels to choose from and channel switching. It has 6 effects with loops. A headphone jack to. I do whis it had a gain knob otherwise it very, very good. I use this amp everywhere! it's so loud you can use it at a huge gig and everyone will hear it!

FightinIrishPJ
    JakoSnako wrote: wow, its amazing how some people go on to most of these reviews simply to tell everyone that this or that sucks, i mean seriously get over it. no one cares about all ur opinions.
    these are reviews buddy, they're a cleverly disguised way of saying "opinions". If you don't like opinions, don't read reviews. Just read what the manufacturer says because then EVERY amp is amazing!
    Soroki
    The Insane setting is TERRIBLE. It hurts my ears whenever I hear someone playing the Spider III at Guitar Center. The tones are hideous and unprofessional. You have to be partially deaf to think that crap sounds good. It is so distorted it sounds horrible....
    mafropetee
    These are the Spiders that are actually worth something. I don't understand why they bothered to make high watt versions when these amps should be meant for practice only. They sound great at low volumes, but once you turn them up to band practice or gig levels, they break up and sound like crap. That's why they made the Spider Valves, which really do sound awesome in a band situation.
    HeavyDT
    def amazing for the price imo the presets are good but you can tweak them. to the people who hate the insane and clean models. why complain you dont have to use the take the distortion out of the insane and save it that way. the amp great gets loud and i got mines for 80 buk you just cant beat that. The roland cube may be good as well but can you get it for 100 buks
    DeadlyKombat
    i own this amp, and i dont really like it. the distortion sounds more like a "buzz" than a "rip" sound. i use the clean channel to support my distortion box, which sounds so much better than the metal channel. this is just IMO though. this anp doent suit my personal preference. (btw, it was a gift lmao)
    David_Bowie=GOD
    fLYinGV23 wrote: Haven't used this amp, but I have an Line 6 Spidervalve 112, it kicks ass!
    I own both, this is a very terrible amp compared to that(though thats not a far comparison). To anyone looking to buy one of these, please don't. I know its not gonna sound fantastic seeing its a 15w practice amp, but you can find pretty good ones. This is not one of them. Get a peavey vyper, not this, im not just jumping on the bandwagon, I own one and the only setting I can even use is the clean, which isn't that great. The distortion is so horrid on the 15w amp.
    puppetmaster93
    Quit arguing. This is a good amp. i picked it over the Peavey Vypyr 15. So if you want it get it, but if you don't like it keep it to yourself. Everybody has good and bad amps. it just depends what tones you want and what your preference is. it makes noise, and thats enough for me and whoever else wants it.
    trendkill-
    you can get a way better amp for the same price, the sound of it is dreadful....I had one. the spidervalve is pretty good, if you know how to eq it properly. but the spider III blows.
    trendkill-
    sorry for the double post but the reviews giving it a 8-10 evidently haven't played on many amps, roland cube is a billion times better and not much more than it.
    Mondo Generator
    I've been pretty happy with mine so far. the clean channel sucks hard, but I have a nice guitar and pedals, which can help mask that. I really like the Crunch and Insane channels. Metal's kind of bland.
    LonelySyn
    Best amp for it's price, tuner, mic jack, instrument jack, effects(if you're into that cr_ppy stuff), clean and built-in distortion that is definitely better than any other. The best 15 watt PRACTICE amp! Not gig, PRACTICE. Some of you must be on some hardcore drugs, worse than the guy who brought his little 30 watt spider to a 200 watt contest, wth. And to you who comment on it's tone... one, it's a combo amp, two.. read an amp book, please, and then go cry in a corner about how naive you once were, thank you.
    AndreaAmott
    I love the distortion on the amp. This amp has a lot of feedback at high volumes
    Yes, it is, but the ampli offer a "Noise Gate" that stops the feedback. The gate is on when holding the delay button and turning the reverb knob up past twelve o'clock, the insane channel light come on..
    I have a love-hate relationship. Sounds great, but everytime I turn it on, it's a different sound.
    Many reviews say this..this ampli allows to save the sound and the settings that the user creates, just holding the channel button for 4-5 seconds..