Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Wow. Despite the vast amounts of sounds, distortion levels and switches; the sound is crap. You start out with a clean setting, but this is plagued with delay, and the only way to get rid of the delay is to press a button that's veeery touchy. Next is crunch, which is just a clean setting with a slight distorted sound. Then come the hammers. Metal is an extremely distorted sound that sounds way to low and crunchy. Finally, is INTENSE! This setting is actually okay. It has a heavy distorted sound but has body to it. It tends to remind me of Pantera's sound. So unless your into that sound, STAY OUT!

Now I play metal, and the distortion settings and built-in effects made me squeal with joy. This was anhilated with terrible sounds and hard to control, built-in delay. I've been playing for 3 years now, and I can distinguish good from bad. This is bad. Lost or stolen, I would never buy it. I suggest you buy a Fender Frontman 15w with Reverb. Great distortion setting, wonderful sound. Peace out.

Reliable? Hell yes, durable of heck and I haven't had a single problem, (except the horrid sounds, ) with this amp over the 2 years I've owned it. Durable, I know I said before; YES. Has yet to ever overheat, get crunchy and fail. This is one of the best things about this amp.

Holy hell! This amp has many crazy features. It comes with a tremelo, phaser, flanger, reverb and a couple other switches. Although these are nice, not many of them are actually used. It's kind of a pain to have to constantly change switches. Pickin' up what I'm putting down?