Spider III 15 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Line 6: Spider III 15

Price paid: C$ 200

Purchased from: Long and Macquaid

I use both single coils, and humbuckers, and it's pretty much the same with both. The only difference is there is less feedback with the hambuckers, but this is because of the humbuckers, not the amp. On the other hand, my guitars are not new anymore either.

This amp looks nice and is light weight, but when you consider it is only 15 watts, it's only worth buying as a practice amp. I only use it for practicing at friends houses and stuff, but it is still a lot better than the Yamaha I used to have. The only thing Line6 could do to really start selling these amps is offer them in different colors.

This is a pretty durable amp. The other say I was walking to my friends house for band practice and it was snowing. When I got there I just wiped the snow and water off with a towel and was all good. I haven't dropped it yet, but I don't thing it would withstand falling from anywhere over five feet.

This is a nice amp, but there are a few improvements that could be made. There are six different effects, but you can only use two at once. But most of the effects I don't use anyway, I use pedals for everything. One of the pros is that it has four presets, clean, crunch, metal, and insane. I use all but the crunch, I find it useless. In the end, it's a good practice amp.