Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Amazon.com

The sound of the Line 6 Spider III 15 is excellent. For a low costing amp I believe that the sound cannot be beat. I use my amp with both a Fender Stratocaster and Tradition S20. My Fender has three single coil pickups and the Tradition has two humbuckers, meaning that the amp sounds good with just about anything. Also, this amp is good at almost any style of music, but I would say that it finds it's true home in the genres of metal and hard rock. The Spider III 15 has two built in rock settings-metal and insane. The metal tone is a thicker crunchier sound whereas the insane sound is fullbore distortion. However, this amp does have a feature that allows you to block the static that comes from playing with incredibly high distortion. Finally, if you're more of a guy that enjoys quieter music the clean channel is perfect. It sounds crisp and fresh, and I have never heard any distortion when playing the clean tone at high volumes. Of course, I play it in my room, so it's not that loud.

My overall impression of the Line 6 Spider III 15 is that it is a great amp that finds it's specialty in the role of practice Tool. I've been playing for five years and for it's size this is the best amp that I've played on. If something were to happen to this amp I would definetly go back to the Line 6 Spider III series. I would just get a bigger size. My favorite feature is the MP3 jack because I love to play to my songs on my Ipod. If your an up and coming guitarist, I would definetly look at the Line 6 Spider III 15 as your next practice amp.

I got my Spider III 15 for Christmas, so I haven't owned it very long. From what I've seen and heard so far this is a very reliable amp. I wouldn't use it in a gig simply for the fact that it is so small and I wouldn't want to blow the speaker, but for a practice amp I see this as a great buy.

The Line 6 Spider III 15 is a 15 watt guitar amplifier with an 8 inch speaker. One of the key features of the Spider III 15 is it's four preinstalled tones consisting of clean, crunch, metal, and insane. However, you are not just limited to these tones. The Spider III allows you to create your own tones and then save them as presets. Being a small amp the Spider III 15 isn't a good amp to go out and gig with. It's more of an amp to practice with in your bedroom. Another key that makes the Spider III 15 a great practice amp is it's MP3 jack, allowing you to play along to your songs giving you the ability to match tones and tempo. One of it's limitations is it's one guitar input, so if you want to jam with your friends they better bring their own amp.

aktoastmaster
    The amp is ok i guess. But I hate the clean channel though and its not good with pedals at all... =( the insane channel is pretty cool though