Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Guitar center

I am using a Squier Jagmaster with stock humbuckers and is not modded right now I play mostly classic rock and blues with some grunge and noise rock it sounds very digital no matter what settings you use I never use the metal or insane channels so I don't know about them as I don't play metal and the clean channel buzzes really bad despite the humbuckers and noise gate on. Out of the effects I only use the reverb and chorus the others I don't like and the sweep echo is useless.

As I said above I play classic stuff and it suit's it pretty well I have been playing for 1 year I started out on Acoustic and this is my first amp the only reason I got it was it was cheap and I couldn't afford a bigger amp but I've gotten some more so in the fall I will be selling it for a bigger Marshall or a Fender the bigger spider amps are just as digital and fake sounding only louder if it was lost or stolen I've just get a bigger amp sooner and would feel sorry for who stole it because it's a terrible amp.

It seems very reliable I got it used from guitar center I don't know how much abuse the previous owner put it though but I treat it gently and never use it outside of my room I would not use it at a gig it is way to small to use I know people that have used it and they had to mic it in a 2000 square foot room to get heard above the drums and bass it's an 8 only because it has never broken down.

I got this amp used at guitar center it's 15 watts 4 channels: clean, crunch, metal and insane with 3 band eq and 6 fx:chorus\Flange, phaser, tremolo, sweep echo, tape echo and reverb. There is no fx loop the poepl at Line 6 probably thought that with all the fx that people wouldn't need them and there is no footswitch only a headphone jack and record out (idk Who would record with this amp) and master volume. I use it as a practice amp in my small room and never turn it past half way on either volume control. The distortion is very digital and I am getting a Boss ds-1 to get over that.