Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: La Colonial

I'm using an Epiphone SG Special and has 2 double pickups in it. After experimenting with it since April, I've found out really cool stuff, for example, with semi-full blast in the amp, but having a low tone in the guitar gives a kickass tone for hard rock lead jamming (combinations are infinite) It suit's every style as said before, I've found it really good for hard rock (I'm getting to it a lot lately, so it is what I'm playing the most, but nothing to do with the amp actually, it is just me). It is not noisy! I don't know why people say that, maybe it is their guitars or something like that, but I haven't had noise problems with it. You have 6 effects, 4 channels, mid, treble, bass, 2 volume knobs and even the option for a noise gate and another thing (I don't remember the name) that the harder you strumm the more distortion it will have. So I'd say combinations are a lot (plus what ever you can combine with your guitar knobs). The clean channel sounds kinda distorted at high levels, but it will sound distorted if you want, by strumming hard and having on the option I mentioned in the past paragraph. But anyway, that volume is something that you don't imagine, you don't need that volume to Jam at home. The Distortion is the best distortion I've ever seen and it doesnt't sound as ''artificial'' as with a distortion pedal.

Pop Punk, Hard Rock and a little bit of Reggae, it fit's EVERYTHING! I've been playing the guitar for 2 years and I own an Epiphone SG Special, a DigiTech Delay Pedal (for gigs, but this amp has a delay in it) and some crappy, cheap Acoustic. I'm not sure if I wouldv asked something else. If it was stolen, lost, I'd try something new, not because it is bad, just because I like new stuff, I'd probably buy the 30W. I love the ''Metal'' channel, it is great, if I lower my guitar tone, it fit's perfectly hard rock, if I have it in the middle, it fit's punk and it sounds soooo coool and sincerly, I don't hate anything about it. I did compare it to a 30W Laney, but this beats it HARD. It fit's more styles, specially the ones at the extremes (super hard, super soft).

I've had this amp only for 3 months, but it does look really solid, I haven't used it at gigs, just because they have other amps there, but I would use it. As said before, I've just had it for 3 months, I hope it never breaks down, but it looks pretty stable.

I don't know where the amp was made (I threw away the box). I think it fits every genre, with the no distortion it's really cool to play arpeggiated/chord progression style stuff, you know, Pynk Floyd, U2 but even Guns N Roses and Blink 182. The next level is called Crunch, it is perfect for AC/DC, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, its tone is awesome. The next level is called Metal and I think it is really good for Metal and Punk, this one is my favourite. The last one is called 'insane' because it is insane for sure, I just tap with it or bother with it, it is the one that is less matters, but still cool. The amp its self has a lot of reverb, flanger, etc. and more etc. effects, so I think that by nailing you can get perfect tones. It has 4 channels and it does have channel switching, you can even Jam whith the mp3 by connecting it to your amp (but I prefer jamming with the mp3 in the computer, or sometimes the guitar pro file and removing the guitar track, but it would be really good for places without a computer, like minutes before the gig). Sincerly, future wise, I can't expect more of this amp. I use it mostly to Jam home, or to make crappy home recordings, but I also lent it to some girl that was preparing a coreography, she said ''lend me your guitar amp, it has SO MUCH POWER'' I also use it to practice it with my band and it does get over the drums without putting it to FULL BLAST. One time, I was jamming/recording at a friend's house with it and its volume was below 2 and it was sounding at a decent volume for jamming, when he saw it wasn't at 7 as he thought he said ''let me lay to this amp dude.''

CleanCanvas
    sewoo55 wrote: one of my friends have this amp, and i tryed it. ..... the distortion sounds fake
    thats cause its using preamp models u cant really get true tunes from preamp models