Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

It sounds great with my guitar (Epiphone Les Paul Standard) and the songs I play. And it sounds really good with metalcore, punk rock, and lots of other stuff. It has a nice 60's sound on crunch mode. I've only been playing for about a year, and its pretty sick when ever I play like Ozzy stuff. There are 3 distortion channels. Crunch, Metal, and insane. I personally think all the channels have a nice amount of distortion. I wish the crunch channel had a little more though.

So with the metalcore, punk, and grunge stuff I play, this amp is great for practicing. I've been playing for a year, I play better than most 1 year players though, I also own a Peavey Rage 158. Which is a nice amp, but the Spider III kills it. If it was stolen I'd definetly go back to GC and buy another one, but I'd get the 75watt. Like I said before, Insane mode is my favorite, I love the sound. I wish it had all the pre-set tones, like all the other Spider III's, but this is great for just practice. Over all I.d give this a 9.3/10 star.

I'd use at a gig with a little back up to be safe. I'd love to use the 75watt Live. I've had it for a month and its worked perfectly. It seems pretty tough from what I've seen so far. It hasn't gotten beaten up at all. So the Reliability & Durability is great!

My cousin has this amp and I was just in love with this amp when I played it at his house over the summer, so last month I went to guitar center to find that it was on sale for $75! So I tried it out again, along with the 75watt version but didn't have enough for the 75 so I bought the 15watt. It has great sound, great pre-set tones, and 6 awesome built in effects. It's great for practicing metalcore type stuff (Bullet For My Valentine, Parkway Drive). I love the insane mode. I really like the tape echo effect.

Killer Bob 912
    wat a bunch of haters its a good amp....this one is for practice but if u buy a spider 3 with a higher voltage u wont have to go buy expensive pedals