Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Amazon.com

I play everything from clean Celtic and folk music to death metal and this amp is very versatile. I play with a self-modified HH Squier Strat and it sounds great. Of all the channels the one I like the least is crunch, it just seems a bit to fuzzy for me but I don't use it often so that's fine. The Metal channel sounds really good (My EQ: Bass at 3/4 Mid at 1/2, treble at full)It's good for playing classic Metal (old Metallica, Black Sabbath ect.) The insane channel is great for Metalcore, death Metal and all the modern heavy metal genres. I scoop the mids and turn the bass and trebel to full and it sounds awesome! the effects are also great but I really only use reverb. This amp gets plenty loud also! Great for bedroom practice and you could possibly play a small gig with it.

I play celtic folk and metal and this amp fits me perfectly. the tone is really nice, and for $60 it rocks! It it got stolen I'd probably get the 75 watt version since I like this one so much. I know a lot of people hate the Spiders but their not that bad and if you take the time to tweak the EQ than it sounds really good.

This amp is rock solid and it feels really heavy so it feels expensive!(watch Jurassic Park) The knobs feel sturdy and it also has a nice handle built in on top. I would Jam with friends with this, and for a small gig (really small, like a small party) I would use it, but for gigging I'd go with the 75 watt version.

I bought this amp after the new Spider IV's came out because it was on clearance for $60 on amazon, and for the price I'm very impressed. It has four amp Channels; Clean, Crunch, Metal, and Insane. The clean is great and sounds really crisp, the crunch is good for older rock and alternative, the metal has a early 80's sound to it and the insane is best for death metal and modern metal. It has Chorus, phaser, sweep delay, tape delay, and reverb all the effects sound great and you can use two at once which is nice. here is also a MP3 input for playing along with songs and a headphone out, unfortunately the headphone out is a 1/4 jack so you need an adapter to use it with a standard 1/8 out. Besides the headphone jack the features on this amp were great!