Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: SoundControl Bristol

Using with Fender telecaster at the minute and sounds great for any musical situation. I connect it through a Zoom 2.1U effects pedal and Drive it into a clean channel with about 50% reverb. With this pedal I can get almost any sound I want to play. Played with it in a gig and it was a bit lightweight when it went loud. Obviously the bass wasn't relly sufficient, but it is ideal for practice and rehearsal due to size and weight.

I have owned it for 2.5 years and it has served me well over all the styles of music I have played. Now that I am starting to play gigs it isnt really up to the job. I am upgrading to a Vox AC15 shortly for the extra punch and superior sound you get from a valve amp. I will keep my Line 6 amp because it fits nicely into the corner of my room and it good to practice on and isnt too loud for home use. Fave feature is the reverb and tremelo. Worst feature is the sound level needs resetting (knob moving a bit) to get the sound back to previous state when I turned it off. Not the worst thing ever but annoying. I would recommend buying this product if it is your first/only amp.

Have used in a gig with no backup, but when I got to a high volume it started to feedback (maybe I was too close) and it couldnt really cope with much over 50% volume being used. It starts to lose bass and breaks up a bit.

Has the potential to play 4 different sounds. Clean, crunch, metal and 'insane', which is an extreme distortion that can be played around with to produce a variation of sounds. Has reverb and trem, as well as a flanger and phaser function. Also delay and other things to play with pretty much perfect for the beginner guitarist.