Spider III 15 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Amazon

With humbuckers and a multi effects pedal, the tone sounds very good. The amplifier suits my style needs, along with many other styles. I find that a major concern is that when the channel volume is at about 5, and I turn the master volume up, the amplifier produces a high pitched squealing sound that can cause chaos and is very annoying in my opinion. The good part is the amplifier stays true to its tone, and doesn't seem to self adjust the tone or any other EQ level when I raise the master volume.

Overall, I believe I could have made a better decision on an amplifier. I believe that the video promoting this amplifier really intrigued me, and of course, the video was extremely biased. I've been playing about a year, and I realize that this is a practice amplifier, and not something you will EVER bring to a gig. It's fairly loud for a pracetice amplifier, but if you're going to take part in major gigs, I suggest you look elsewhere. If I lost it, I am 100% positive I would look for another amplifier, or at least another series in that brand. I'm really into basic amplifiers, with just EQ levels and a master volume, so this may have had too many features for me.

I have used this amplifier in a gig before during June of 2009, and it sounded very loud and brought the tone I needed without any pedals (I don't believe I had any at the time). It was a very quiet atmosphere, although was packed with about 400 people. There was only guitars and basses, so it was fairly quiet and I find it suited my needs just for a really quiet gig. As for louder gigs, like playing at a street fair with drums and vocals, I had to use a 20 watt amplifier, and it suited my needs much more than the 15 watt. I haven't had any problems with this amplifier yet, as it's had the exact same tone as when I got it earlier this year.

This amplifier is very portable, and I really enjoy the tone. This amplifier has a very wide range as for tone, which is great as I play many different genres in my band. This four channel amplifier has tones from your basic clean setting to the rip-your-head-off metal tone everyone loves. The headphone/record-out output produces very clear and precise sound for recording, and makes recording a breeze and produces studio quality sound. During band practice, I find this amplifier does not produce enough sound and is too quiet. From experience, I find that the smaller 20 watt amplifiers in my band produce much more sound and decibels than my amplifier does.

kenvy
    The only time the Crunch channel is useful is when you're play the song: No Laundry, by Linkin Park.
    aledew1
    cry baby wah wah model: GCB-95 This effects pedal works great with the amp hope it helps. =D