Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Music Maker Easley, SC

Right now, I'm using a Stratocaster and a Washburn lyon with this amp. The Lyon is a great match I think. This amp has a great clean sound, with bonus features like Flange, Phaser, Tremelo, Sweep echo, Tape echo, and reverb (also known as Smart control FX). Using these, and the channels, I can make pretty much any custom sound. The "Insane" channel is too crazy for me but if you like the sound f when your cable goes out and that fuzz takes over, you might like this channel. It is cool though, if you turn all of your knobs down. The clean channel is great for making an Acoustic sound. You can get distortion a number of ways. You can go to "metal" on the channels or you can use the hidden features by pressing and holding the tap delay and turn the Drive knob a lil over halfway. And you have pretty great (but not to harsh) dirt behind your skill.

This amp is perfect for any style. I can play Green Day and turn around with Back in Black right after. Its very versitile. I've been playing for four years now and this amp has been my pride and joy with anything I plug it up to. Ihave another amp but I would throw it out the window and set it on fire in exchange for all the buttons on my Spider III to keep working. This is the best amp I've ever owned. If I had the chance to buy it all over again, I would still buy this. It's a Miracle-Worker and my own personal Wingman. I was looking at a Peavey before I bought this but soon figured that the easy-to-get-to Channels would come in handy in the future. I was definately right. At times, I wish it had a double Guitasr hook-up like the other amp I looked at but You can't win 'em all.

this amp is almost indestructible. I was carrying it to band practice a while back one time and this got thrown in the back seat with a hardened concrete-filled bucket. We were going down the road and the bucket rolled off into the floor and landed hard on the amp. I was mortified, but to my surpize, when we pulled it out there was actually a chip in the bucket and a tiny scratch on the amp. This amo has never failed me and I would take it anywhere and use it regularly.

this amp was made in 2009. This amp is pretty good for gigs, its got four factory set channels but you can change them also. I can play a jazz song one minute and a metal song the next! I have an average of three styles I like to play, and this is a great amp for playing blues, metal, and even the chicken-pickin' country stuff I like to do. It even has a tap control button! I wish it would more clearly tell you how to get a certain sound in the manual but I guess that comes with experience. I like the channels clean, crunch, and metal, but the insane channel can only sound good if you turn your bass, mid, drive, and treble down. Otherwise, You can't even hear what your playing over the "dirt." It also comes with an MP3/CD in, Record out imput and pheadphone jack. It also has an FBV Pedal plug-in (pedal wasn't included)