Spider III 15 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Line 6: Spider III 15

I used Strats, SG's, and Les Pauls with this amp. It is only fairly descent with a Strat. The tone is not good. The distortion is very fake and has a tin-can tone to it which is just not pleasing at all. Doesn't really even sound real. It doesn't feed back to much which is good in some cases. The clean gets to be a nasty not-good sounding crunch. Not pleasant sounding. If you want your amp to sound like your playing out of a tin-can, buy this amp!

At first when I got it, it was okay. After having it a while and playing/using other amps, the tone of this amp is not very good. It's nice that it gets loud but the tone of it is not descent whatsoever. It has a very distinct tin-can sound to it and is not a bright, nice full sound like many other combo amps I've played or heard. I really wouldn't even recommend it to practice unless you like to play clean. That is it's best feature. The clean sounds very nice and not as tin-can as the other effects. Compared to my Marshall MG 30FX, it is way louder which is nice, but can't beat the tone of it at all. It doesn't even come close.

Small, I've used it at a couple gigs before. I wouldn't worry about it getting broken because it's pretty sturdy for it's size. I would depend on it if it were my only gigging amp. It can withstand some mighty blows off of them doorways, walls or someones head. (mine lol)

The amp is very light. Has tons of channels for different tones. Clean is it's best. Has a couple cool effects. I wish it sounded like a real amp. It is solid state. It used to be my main gigging amp but after a while, the tone drove me insane but it did have a lot of volume which is good for playing in larger, open places. Sounds better if it is mic'd.