Spider III 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 15

Purchased from: Carlton Music Center

I use a Jackson King-v with some Duncan humbuckers. When playing power chords you can get that real aggressive sound like the sound waves ar litterally attacking you. When playing more melodicly this amp is pretty good the only real problen is that distortion can over power and ring out the notes you are playing so a more experieinced player would be better suited for this amp, but it makes for some great harmonics when the distortion is high, can really get crazy with the whammy bar in combination with this. When playing clean in combination with just about any effect it still sounds amazing even in when the volume is high, personally I love putting the phaser on and just playn a few notes and letting the effect do most of the work when I feeling pretty guitar "lazy".

I play metal like Children of Bodom, All That Remains and some Metallica the reason being is that the Metallica songs you have to Switch channels between clean and distortion thats the only downside to this amp is the inability to really change channels during a song. However this amp is perfect for someone who wants to upgrade from their first dinky little amp to something you can play or reherse with a band without having to haul around a real big and heavy amp. I really do love this amp.

I've had this amp since it came out in 06' and I have put it through some abuse from kicking to droping it yet this amp doesn't seem to want to die and the sound hasn't been affected at all the only problem is that when I play loud the power will sometimes go on the amp and I have to adjust the cable but this is due to the fact that I have put the amp through some abuse but overall this is a pretty durable amp. I've never had the to service this amp.

Made in 2006. This amp is pretty good for any bedroom practice either with distorion or clean, my favorite setting for this amp is putting it on insane and playing metel or any kind of hard rock.Clean this amp sounds just as well with the right settings. Like I said its a good bedroom amp so you can use it for practicing or just jamming with a few friends it plays well loud so you can play along with some drums. I love its mp3 input just plug in and play you're favorite songs and you can play along with it.

jorge-fg
    I have this amp, the insane mode is insane! the clean, mode i made a thing to put the sound better as I like more, Im happy with it but i think its time to buy a new amp!