Spider III 150 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 150

This amp can unestly make any guitar sound amazing. Right now, I'm using a Ibanez Iceman, and a Squire Strat. I use my iceman for more rythem play. The squire is a pretty shit guitar, but unestly, this amp makes it sound good. I know it really doesn't compare to a real strat. but you can get so much tones out of this amp to suite the guitar your using. I play mostly hard rock/metal. I recently got into some COB, which sounds amazin one my new amp. Things like Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden can be pulled off easily out of this amp. Crazy riffs and intros like Cowboys From Hell can be easily played on this amp. It's pretty crazy how much things you can do with the effects. Chorus/flnager, tremolo, tap echo can all be adjusted so you get the sound that you like.

Man, I love the metal. This amp can pull anyshit off, from blues, jazz and from classic rock, death. If you want a clean metal sound, just put it on the metal model and your set. If you want a deep, chunky, bassy Metal sound, just put your spider on insane and you won't be disappointed. If this amp was stolen I would definetly buy a new one. Even though it would take me a year to save up for, but you can't go wrong with this amp. My favourite feature about this amp, is all the different effects that you can pull off while playing. The only negative part about this amp is, it has 4 programable channels that you can set with their own sound. The problem is that you don't want to stop while your playing, to press a different channel, which is why you would need the Line 6 footswtich. It sounds easy, but when you see the price on the pedal you won't be to happy. It will probably run you about 350 Can. When I was testing this amp I really wasn't sure if it was reliable. But even if something happens to go wrong. You get warrenty, which will definetly come in handy. I don't really wish much more for the amp, I jus wish I had enough money to buy a M-400 ESP, so I can enjoy this amp even more!

I haven't really had this amp for a long time. So I can't tell you weather or not this amp is reliable. But this amp really has great potential. I use to have a Marshall MG50DFX, and when you turned that amp louder and louder it just didn't sound the same. Now, I know mg's are the worst Marshall's ever created, but When you put this amp on half volume, you and your band will not get lost because you can here the exact sound coming from that amp. This amp can definetly over power the drummer, even if he tries to hit his drums like he wants to beat the shit out of someone. And it will Keep the exact sound you'll get when you are just playing in your room.

The Line 6 Spider III 150 guitar combo amplifier offers perfectly dialed-in sounds with 200 incredible artist presets created by over two dozen of today's hottest bands and guitarists, plus another 200 presets based on the greatest rock guitar songs of all time!

Landon54
    I wanna get this amp, but was wondering how loud it goes. I would need it for playing outside gigs, without a PA system or anything. I also heard that when hooked up to something external (like a PA) that no sound comes out of the amp, and only out of the externals. Is this true?
    jeordie1
    na man, normally if u play on a pa system u put mikes in front of ur amp that isnt turned up too loud and then the sound the mike picks up goes thru the pa system