Spider III 150 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 150

Purchased from: Local music store

I use an Ibanez SAS32FM with standard Ibanez pups. It suits me perfectly. I can change sounds quickly-no need to turn knobs when I want to play something different. Just push a button and rock on. This amp makes a big crack noise when I turn it on, other than that the only noise that comes through the amp is bone crushing metal. I never had the chance to crank it up. The highest I've ever gone is about half the master volume. It's really packin' power. I rate it a 9 because of the crack noise when I turn it on. It sometimes scares me.

I own a behringher 30W and Line 6 kicks it's ass so hard it's embarrassing. If it were stolen or lost I'd probably get the same but a 120 watt model. I'm so happy with this amp. I couldn't have found a better way to spend my money. It gives what I need. Nuf said.

As I said before I didn't have a chance to perform Live with this amp but it seems pretty reliable. As for durability solid, my girlfriend always puts her crap on it when I'm not around so yeah. It's pretty durable. I didn't have any mishaps so far. I hope it stays that way.

It's made in 2007. It's a very versatile amp, I play a wide range of music hence the reason I bought this amp. I play a lot of metal, doom, death, melodic death, heavy, but then again I like to chill out and play blues, jazz. This amp has four channels, it has switching but I don't have a Line 6 pedal (a bit expensive). It has a headphone jack and a cd/mp3 player input so you can jam along with your favorite tunes. It has 7 effects, 12 amp models, a noise gate and a distortion boost. I use this amp at home, when I'm jammin with my friends. I haven't had a chance to try it out at a gig yet but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't let me down. Solid state amp, it has 150 watts of power which is more than I need but hey,. you never know. 36 programmable presets, with over 400 factory presets.

Sublime Stylee
    I've played around with a spider III extensively, and let me tell you, the tone is quite crap. Regardless of setting the tone is consistantly hollow and flat, and sorely lacks any sort of kick. On the plus side the amp is capable of playing quite loudly. I would not advise anyone to buy this product, and if you do, I feel very sorry for you and wish you better luck in future decision making. All in all, this amp is purely for beginners.