Spider III 150 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 150

I'm running a Schecter Damien 7 with EMG-HZ 7A humbuckers and a Schecter C-7 FR with Duncan Designed HB-105 actice humbuckers. It suits my style well, though as stated before I have a pretty wide taste in music. It's never noisy due to the built-in noise gate. This amp can create many sounds through its 400 factory presets and 36 user-programmable presets. The clean channel has never been distorted at high volumes when I've played. The distortion is brutal enough to cover Gorgoroth and Dimmu Borgir so on a scale of 1-10, it ranks at about 50.

I play everything and this amp definitely fits that. I've been playing about 3 years now. I own everything listed in my profile. There is nothing I wish I had asked before buying it because the manual covers everything you could possibly need to know. If it we're stolen I'd commit genocide in order to get it back. I love everything about this amp and the best feature is definitely the distortion. I compared it to every digital amp I could find and test and this was the best choice hands down.

I can definitely depend on it Live and recording. I would definitely use it without a backup because it's a beast. The amp itself has not broken down but in about a week of buying it, one of the casters did come off but that's easy to fix. I personally don't think it will ever break down as long as you don't kick it in or something stupid like that. But I dropped it once and it cracked the tile I dropped it on so I'm a bit more worried about the environment I use it in thatn the amp itself.

2008 Model Line 6 Spider III 150 watt Digital Stereo 2x12. This is amp is very versatile for every style of music I play, given I stick to black metal (i.e. Dimmu Borgir, Gorgoroth, etc.) and jazz. This amp has 9 banks with four channels each. It has four different footswitch options, but no effects loop, an extension jack for each of the speakers, and a front mounted headphone jack. It has just about everything with the exception of the effects loop. And as for me not using all the features, I use every effect, it just depends on what I'm playing.

Tdevil333
    This amp sounds good and a at a great price for what it is. I've always like line6. But I always suggest not taking anyone's word for it and trying out yourself and deciding if you like it or not. And to CrapShrapnel you obviously don't know what you are talking about....it still has the nsane channel.
    coachspurlock
    I just bought the 120. My band has a regular gig each week, and I needed a good amp for live performances. We play a broad range of Christian music styles (from P&W to country to southern rock to hard rock). I was immediately impressed by how easy it was to figure out. I was also amazed at how easy it was to operate on stage with the FVB Express pedal board. When I set it up for rehearsals, I wanted to test its volume capabilities, so I had my bass player turn up his 450 watt Behringer to 10. I turned my 120 up to about 6 and it cut right through the bass noise. I was almost unbearably loud which was totally cool. I turn it up to about 4 and mic it when we play live. Works like a charm.