Spider III 150 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 150

I use Ibanez guitars with EMG and Seymour Duncans: ESP's with ESP's, EMG's, and seymours and basically the same setup for all of my guitars so I can get a satanic death metal sound but at the same time get angelic clean tones as well. It suits any style of music. But on the blues channels don't add too, much reverb because it will act like a bell type sound. It doesn't have any unwanted feedback even when you use the secret extra distortion feature( which is mentioned in the manual.) This amp in my opinion is better than the Spider IV! I just don't like the sound of the Spider Iv's because they tweaked the sounds on Spider IV a little too much. The clean channel is never distorted in a high volume and same goes for the twang and blues settings(unless you turn up the Drive.) The distortion is amazing and there is never a problem. It can go from Cream to Slipknot on frigging crack and not have any distortion problems. The effects on this amp are amazing and are as follows: Chorus/Flanger, Tremolo, Phaser, Delay, Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, and reverb & the best part is you can adjust them with the tap tempo and twisting the knob to a position that gives you the right sound.

This amp is good for any of the style of music that I play(which is about everything) and is a good match for anything you need.I have been playing for 5 and a half years and this amp will help you learn the trickiest of songs in a flash. I tried to learn to play Through the fire and the flames on a Marshall halfstack and I just couldnt do it. And as soon is as I got the spider iii it gave me so much more skill and has made me better on any amp or guitar(but I prefer the Line 6's). I have no regrets of buying this amp and if this thing was lost or stolen I'd search the whole world for a new one and then buy it again and again and again. I love everything about this amp. I've compared it to every amp I can find it is by far my favorite amo I have played. You might want to get the most expensive FBV footwitch because then you don't have to go up to the amp to witch banks but I'm In Love With This Amp. Its Like Making Love To Megan Fox!

I can depend on this amp anyday! I never need a backup for this puppy. I've used it way more than a million times and I must say this amp is sturdy as an invincible monster! This amp hasn't let me down ever, and has never broken down. Not even once. It is one of the sturdiest amps I've seen in my life. It blows me away. I wouldn't change a thing on the amp but the reliability is amazing. I've hauled for about a year now to gigs and back and there is not even a scratch or harmful mark on it.

I Love This Amp! This Amp Can Handle Anything From Classic To Black Metal Or Basically Anything You Frigging Want! I play about every style you can think of. Classical, neo-classical, alternative, rap, jazz, blues but I mainly play metal, hard rock, death metal, etc. and this thing can handle all of it. It is has 32 presets you can customize and 400 built in presets made by the real artist of the song or tone from the band's/person's tone bank. This amp has everything I need and more. I don't see any reason to complain. It has 12 amp models ( 6 really but for each model there is a second type/sound of the model) and you can switch through every single preset on this devil. I use every single feature/preset on here and it expands your music genre if you play on all the settings. I use this amp from everywhere to gigs to practice, and even at home. This will blow the doors off of any building. I put it on 3 and it was making everyone think they were going deaf(pretty dang loud!) Its a solid state and it beats any tube amp ive ever owned!

ElHefe_RG
    This is a pretty good amp, endless sounds. If you need more "oomph" plug into an external cab. I have this running through a 4x10 cab, it can drown out a drum set. If you can afford a high-end Marshall, Mesa etc. go ahead, but if you cant spend $1000+ on an amp there is nothing wrong with spider III.
    OceansBetweenUs
    I have this amp and definitely understand what everyone means by 'tinny.' Anyone trying to play on the Metal or Insane settings will get that. For Metal I use the Crunch channel with very cranked gain. Play with settings and you can get good, semi-organic sound from this thing. Not hugely dynamic - but I'd play live with it and not hate my sound. Also - I get one of the best cleans I've ever heard from this baby - the only downfall being if you pick hard it starts to break.
    Will XS01
    I've had this amp for about three years, unfortunately I got the ones that freeze from time to time. It's a really good amp to say the least and I've learned a lot from this amp for the three years that I've owned it. Next up I will be getting a Axe Fx Ultra.
    Demotape
    Have any of the people who gave this amp a high rating ever actually owned a nice tube amp? For a while I was not playing in a band so I sold off my JSX half stack and picked up one of these. Playing at bedroom volume was great, served all my needs. I could still tell the difference but just playing for myself, the digital sound didn't bother me. Then I got back into a band and after 3 practices I was ready to set this thing on fire. Extremely tinny and I tried everything I could think of to make it sound like a tube amp but it just can't be done. I have $1500 to $2500 ESP's and Ibanez Prestige guitars and have been playing metal for about 20 years. I know my equipment but this amp fails hard if you actually care about your tone. I let it go on craigslist for $200 with the shortboard because that was the most I could get for it after 2 months of trying to sell it. Check for yourself. If these things are so awesome then why is every city flooded with people desperately trying to sell them off? I've gone back to tubes and will never go back. It's not a Marshall thing. It's a tone thing. And comparing a Marshall MG series to a spyder is like comparing a Ford Festiva to a Geo Metro. I don't even like Marshalls but the bottom line is that any high quality tube amp will sound better than this piece of digital crap. Save your money and buy something better, even a valveking is better than this. You'll thank me later.