Spider III 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 30

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I use an Ibanez RG370DX and I must say lf you love metal, this amp is great! The only channel that I seriously hate is the crunch channel. It has too much bass and even if you raise the treble knob to 10, it doesn't sound that great. This still has a great clean sound, and the insane channel just blasts amazing sounds. Even my guitar that i got from the starter kit by Robson doesn't suck.

So far, I'm a metalhead and I think that this amp is great for death metal bands such as Slayer, Metallica, etc. I was comparing this amp to a Marshall MG50DFX and I chose this one because it's cheaper. If this amp was lost/stolen I would save the extra money to buy that Marshall amp. But for the price, it's great! The only dissapointments with this amp was the crunch channel and that small problem when the buttons don't work and the guitar's sounds can't be heard.

I think that this amp could've been better in terms of reliability. Sometimes when I turn this amp on, none of the buttons work and my guitar won't work so I have to turn it off and turn it on again. I probably wouldn't take this to any gig. I think that this is more of a practise amp so I would leave it at home and use a Marshall instead.

This is one of the recent amps designed by Line 6. It has 4 channels (clean, crunch, metal and insane) which is great and also features 6 effects (flange, phaser, tremolo, tape echo, sweep echo and reverb. It also features a headphone jack which I don't use because I like to have angry neighboors come to my door because of this powerful thing.

cyclefreak207
    I am looking at one of these from a pawn shop for 119.00, but i don't know for sure, but should i buy it for that price??
    Ben S
    i agree, the crunch channel is a little pointless, but i love this amp.
    maiden owns
    i just ordered this amp yesturday because i played it at my buddies house and it was amazing
    atkm2891
    is there any difference between Spider II and III, cause i have Spider II, and its exactly the same as this one
    Pingis_Or_Death
    death metal bands such as Slayer, Metallica, etc.
    You're kidding me, right? RIGHT??? Anyways this is a really nice amp for the price, the insane channel is immense, but the only thing I absolutely hate about it is that when you change channel the volume is on max. I don't know how many times it has happened to me that I by mistake have pressed the insane channel button and nearly destroyed my eardrums
    TIRxNOVA74
    im not sure if i should get this, or a 65 watt crate for the same price. decsions.....
    S.D.M.F.
    im gettin one soon and regardless of this review im confident ill be happy.
    S.D.M.F.
    S.D.M.F. wrote: im gettin one soon and regardless of this review im confident ill be happy.
    agreed