Spider III 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 30

Purchased from: musicroom

I think the sound of this amp is great for the price. It suits what I play a lot (Muse, RATM etc.) as I can tweak different stuff off of the presets like the echo from the Clean preset or the reverb off of the Insane setting. The amount of distortion on the Insane setting will blow you away. However when not playing on the Insane and Metal settings there is some background noise although I think that is my single-coil pickups doing that. The amp doesn't lose tone with high notes and is perfectly fine. I normally practise just in my room but will be using it some time in October in a bigger room so I will see how it handles then. By the way, talk of it having a digital sound is a load of rubbish. It's fine.

For The Music I play, this is a great amp. I've been playing for four years but only two years of lessons. Even so, I have a good idea of what a decent amp is like. This is a decent amp. I would replace it if it was stolen as it is fantastic. If you're in for a relaxed practice amp, then this one is for you.

I think I would be able to gig small venues pretty well with this amp. I doubt that I would need a backup unless I put my foot through it. It's never broken down on me so I am pleased with that.

I like this amplifier, simple as. There are enough features with this amp for me. One knob controls flange/chorus, phaser and tremolo, the tremolo being particularly good for a song I'm writing. The other effects knob controls sweep echo, tape echo and reverb. Your normal Drive, bass, middle, treble, channel volume and master volume are here too. There is a 1/8 inch line in and a 1/4 inch line out (suitable for headphones and recording gear), with the option of adding a FBV foot controller into the mix. Clean, Crunch, Metal and Insane are the included channels and are easy to tweak to what you want. You can save a decent tone you get by holding down one of the channel buttons which is cool.

dmalee
    whats up guys ive been playing for 9 months and never had a lesson. im started to get relatively decent at guitar and i wanna move up from my epiphone 15 watt starter amp. i play a wide-range of music from classic rock, alternative, and small amount of metal (like metallica) i like the range of effects and the 4 channels on this amp, but im torn between this and a Marshall MG30DFX. Anyone have an opinion on this? any other suggested amps?
    Clutch32192
    Pingis_Or_Death wrote: death metal bands such as Slayer, Metallica, etc. You're kidding me, right? RIGHT??? Anyways this is a really nice amp for the price, the insane channel is immense, but the only thing I absolutely hate about it is that when you change channel the volume is on max. I don't know how many times it has happened to me that I by mistake have pressed the insane channel button and nearly destroyed my eardrums
    haha yeah mine does that 2, also my clean channel is really quiet,i've tried turning up the channel volume, but then the other channels r even louder Great amp, nvr had problem sept that ^ thou it don't come with pedal
    0h The Horror
    I've had this amp for about 3 years now, and tbh, I regret ever looking at it. The tone seems to vary on the time of day, and the constant obnoxious buzzing can get very taxing. I don't recommend this to anyone.
    BADDAYTOBENUKED
    I own one of these. Only been playing a few years so I still suck, but this was my first amp, and I love it. Reading the article kinda felt like I wrote it, hahha, but I learned some stuff about it. Good to see that it isn't junk!
    Slash11214
    in the reviews it says the bought it for $300.00+, but when i checked samash's website for the amp (i like to shop there) it was 200 dollars.
    SN1P3R CHURCH
    can someone help I have had this amp for about 4 months and it just stoped working. When I turn it on the lights wont come on and I cant play my guitar, if you know whats wrong please help me thanks.