Spider III 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 30

Purchased from: Robb's Guitar Center

I use it with hard rock and latin stylings. It doesn't coorespond perfectly with my sound, but it's a convinient travel amp. It can make a huge range of music stylings sound good, and it has a very spacey sound, like a fretless bass almost. I gets pretty loud if you want it to. The clean channel gets distorted on any volume because of the strange reverb effect, but it's not very noticible; it's minor. The distortion on the insane setting is...insane.

I play hard rock, latin, jazz, and some Acoustic music. It is not the best match, but again, it is a reliable travel amp. I've been playing for 3 years and counting. I own a Fender amp, a pedal board with a Line 6 Green Monster and a digital tuner, and Monster cables. I wish I asked about the reverb effects. I love the spacey feel you can get, but it sucks if you don't want that the whole tune.

I can definately depend on this amp as a reliable travel amplifier, just have to be careful about having the reverb up. I would be completely comfortable using this as a backup, but I would prefer to use an amp that isn't supposed to be a travel amplifier. It's never broken down, and I keep it in a leaky barn without air conditioning. It works great as a travel amplifier, and I wouldn't mind using it Live at an outside venue or inside.

The amp has a chorus flange knob and a reverb knob, as well as channel volume, master volume, bass, and treble knobs. It has four channel settings: clean, crunch, metal, and insane. I wish it has a blues setting like another Line 6 I saw in a store, Guitars, Etc. It has a headphone jack. The most annoying part of this amp is when you turn it on, you have to turn up the reverb knob up and back down or you'll have some reverb. I use the Line 6 during Jam sessions and recordings with my band, Bay of Pigs.