Spider III 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 30

Ok, when it come to this amp it is great for playing heavy metal with the metal and insane channels. It has great distortion for stuff from Metallica to Black Sabbath. I was very disappointed with the clean channel. It has an echo that you cannot get a rid of. I find myself putting it on the crunch channel and killing the distortion. Like most amps your going to get that buzzing sound, on this amp it's very noticable on the clean and crunch channels basically whatever volume you have it on. On the metal and insane channels it doesn't pick up until you turn the volume up about half way. When your playing though the buzzing goes away. It seems to only have an buzzing noice when you plug in the guitar and don't touch anything. My rating is based on the fact I play a lot of metal stuff and only a bit of clean stuff. If your into more of a clean sound then I would tell you I rated this section as an 5.

After playing the guitar for almost 2 years, my style goes from heavy metal to stuff meant for the piano. I'm glad I bought this amp for the metal stuff I play. I probly would buy this amp again if it breaks or if it is stolen, its worth the money, but at the same time I might spend a little time to look for another amp. I recommend this amp to any beginner and to any intermediate-advanced guitarist who is on a budget. I bought this amp for $150 but then I payed an extra $25 to a two year warrenty, so I actually payed $175 for this amp.

This amp seems very durable so far. It has points where it will not allow sound from your guitar, in that case just turn it off then back on (not a huge deal). When you turn it to different channels it set it to the default settings automatically, which means you have to turn every nob for (Drive, Bass, all the effects nobs, etc.) to get it to where you set it. All of this is not a big deal unless your not patient. Great practice amp, it could be used in a gig, but keep in mind of how many watts it has. If you playing in a band where they have 100 watt amps, it probly will not keep up.

First off before you even read the review let me say if you have any additional questions about this amp just ask, I'm on UG quite often and I always have my amp right beside me so I can make sure I answer your question(s) right. Hopefully this review is helpful. This amp has 4 channels (clean, crunch, metal and insane). 6 effects (chorus flange, phrase, trembolo, sweep echo, tape echo and reverb). You can plug in a CD player or an mp3 if you have the jack(plug-in) to do it. It also allows you to plug in headphones or a recorder if you feel like recording yourself playing. The final feature it has is a spot to plug in an FBV pedal, if you have one. I use this amp when I practice in my room and even when I practice with the band. i find it has enough punch to keep up with the 50 watt amps and sometimes the 100 watt amp we have.

mr. awesome001
    so i've had this amp for a while since my review. i'm finding it to have more problems. expecially with the distortion, it sounds a lot weaker (sadly i never really crank it up that loud). i've had it for, i dont know 4-5 months, and im already considering a new amp.
    Kurt1964
    I've never been more disappointed in an amplifier in all my life. it distorts when it wants to, it cannot rember it's own presets accurately, at times it fails to turn on, it tends to "freeze", it cuts off after a few hours of play.... the list is just too long to continue. If you buy this amp, "KEEP YOUR RECIEPT"!!!