Spider III 30 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 1.3 Junky
Line 6: Spider III 30

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

I really don't like the sounds that Line 6 offers. They sound to dirty and mucky. I was given a pedal board from 20 years ago and the distortion on that sounds like a Uberschall when compared to this 2008 model Line 6 amp. It has 4 channels, 4 different variety's of crap. You can turn it up quite loud (in case you want to make sure that it really does sound as bad as you think it does) but the whole amp starts to shake and vibrate like mad which destroys whats left of the sound quality even more.

I play a range of styles and this amp sounds bad with all of them. This is amp a piece of s**t. I really wish I had never wasted my money on this. I could have bought 1000 mars bars instead with that money and I might have actually enjoyed them. I hope someone steals this because it will save me from having to find away to get rid of it. I hate how it sounds, I hate hate how tacky the hardware is, I hate that it clutters the corner of my room... I could go on. If you value your money, your music or the potential of your guitar to sound decent, don't buy this amp. Please. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I have to give this a two because it required me to kick it every time I had to make it work, and the frame hasn't fallen apart. I guess they must have designed it knowing that it would have to take a lot of punishment. But for reliability? I can't even trust it to practice with. It always cuts out or just fails and I can't play with it. The only way it's working at the moment is by plugging my guitar in through the CD input.

2008 model amp, Made in China(probably why it failed so much). It came with a year of warranty. It started falling apart within the warranty so I got it fixed but after a while it just started failing again. It's a 30 watt amp and that's plenty of power, I wouldn't want the white noise coming out of it to be any louder. It has a line out... Which buzzes. It has tacky built in effects. There's a CD input but I never use this because the input jack doesn't actually work anymore so I have to use the CD input for my guitar. One feature I really wish it had was a decent sound. I only ever use this amp in my bedroom (when I can get it to turn on). I would not trust this on stage so I have to borrow my friends Vox amp (good amp) every time I do.

link no1
    impression: So far, I'm a metalhead and I think that this amp is great for death metal bands such as Slayer, Metallica, etc.
    epic fail...