Spider III 30 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Line 6: Spider III 30

Price paid: A$ 450

Purchased from: Billy Hydes Music

Sure its got for different channels all with different styles but this doesn't help when they all sound muddy and fake. The clean channel distorts, I've seen this noted on other reviews as well, all the distortion channels are harsh and screechy. This insane channel tries to sound brutal but just ends up sounding painful, the cheap electronics can't handle it. The overall sound is crap, even for a practice amp.

I've been playing for roughly 8 years now and play a range of styles but this is irrelevant, it just sounds bad overall. It doesn't matter what kind of sound you're are looking for, this amp doesn't do a good job of any of the ones it offers. This is a practice amp so I don't expect it to sound amazing but there are better amps out there with better value for money and amazing tone for the price. Check out some Peavy's or VOX's or even Marshall's. If you're in Australia Guitar Factory stock some good stuff and are very helpful, they have a bit most soul than the bigger chains. Bogner used Line 6's Chinese factories to produce their Alchemist model and this amp has not been doing well as apposed to every other amp Bogner have ever made. In fact Billy Hyde have stopped stocking them, this doesn't say much about Line 6.

Apart from sounding bad, I could never depend on it either. I would definitely never take it onto a stage and if I did I wouldn't be bringing back up in case this failed, I would be using my backup whatever the other amp was. There's not many other amps I've heard which sound this bad. This amp also cuts out frequently which is really annoying and I've never really hit it or bumped it.

I regret ever buying this amp. The real reason I am writing this review is so that I can warn people about this amp. Line 6 have really produced a bad quality amp here. It was made in china, I'm pretty sure most Line 6 amps are. It has four channels but they all sound like a cheap copy of the sound they should be making. The effects are actually mostly really annoying and I never use them. I would never take this amp on a stage, firstly because it sounds terrible and also because I wouldn't want to be seen playing a spider on stage.

jorge-fg
    Extreme chanel could be better, but the clean chanel sucks so much... it's only good for beginners, but really the clean sounds is so shity that sounds distorted...