Spider III 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 75

I play it with Fender Strat mexican, Gibson Epiphone sg. The one thing I would say is that if you are getting this amp get the shortboard, it may be alittle pricey, but it is worth it, if you change your effects on the fly. A lot of songs my band plays has three or 4 different parts that sound completely different, so the shortboard is necessary. The sounds on this are great, very realistic and they give your nice controls over them. The amp models are clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane. There are two amp models in each setting. An LED button tells you which one your on by either displaying a red or green LED. So for example, if you are on clean the LED shows green, you turn the knob till a click, then the light is red, and the amp is still clean but it has a different sound to it. It sounds like a completely different amp! This baby sounds clean and no excess noise. One of the great things is that when you go from clean to distortion there isnt much volume difference so there is no need for a volume pedal or worry. The distortion sounds here are great, I love the insane setting. If you are into Korn, Slipknot, this is the setting you will want to check out. The effects are put on three different dials. You can use one effect per dial. Phaser, tremolo, chorus/flanger are on one, the next dial is for sweep echo, tape echo, and delay. The final dial is for reverb. You turn on the effect and then you turn the dial until you get the amount of the effect that you want. There is a separate volume for the effect which is real nice, you can make the effect real subtle or really in your face! The delay is sick. You turn it on, then you "tap" the tempo on the "tap tempo/tuner" button. The only issue I have is that I wish they had separate controls for each effect so you could use more than the 3 at a time. That is my only issue.

This amp is excellent especially if you cover songs and are a stickler for getting the guitarists exact sound. This amp covers all genres, I think amp would be great for someone who play all types of music. This amp is great if you are someone Who like to tweak effects and play with effects. I love the delay and tap option to get the delay just right. If it were stolen, I would definitely get a new one. I can't believe you get all these sounds and options in this amp for the price. An excellent amp!

It seems pretty sturdy, I have played about 15 shows with it and it keeps rocking, so far so good. This amp is really easy to use and is the type that you don't really need an manual for (except maybe for learning how to save a sound). I would suggest checking out their forum. I went on their site and they have a lot of dedicated people on their forums, Who seem to know what they are talking about. They put up settings for other songs and guitarists that you may like.

I have had this baby for 3 months and all I can say is wow! This amp has over 400 presets of sounds of some of the best songs. If you want to play with the exact tone of Angus Young, you turn the dial and there it is "Back In Black". If you don't like the preset, you can make your own. How do you do that? You set the effects how you want it and you press one button and hold it for about 5 seconds! This thing is so easy to use. It has headphone jack (1/4") and has a jack for the optional footswitches. The only issue I had was that there is no direct out. You can use the headphone jack for that that, but to me, it doesn; t sound as good as a direct out, so I bought a D.I box for $20 bucks, case solved. I didn; t think 75 watts would be loud/powerful enough to play in a four piece with a rock band, but this baby cranks, I haven; t had to push past 6!

bls4life8
    why do ppl say line 6 amps suck the ones that own this amp is it worth 300 bucks and is the distortion and the presets good and you can tell the difference between the different sounds
    zembot
    I have read a lot of bashing on this amp and I just don't get it. I've had this amp for a bit now and it is a great little toter as well as for modeling in the studio. I would recommend this amp as a perfect "going out to jam with the buds" amp. Not having to haul around a bunch of extra pedals for a quick night out makes it superb and if you want the "Vintage Sound" then spend the $'s but this amp works great for a simple night out jammin'.