Spider III 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 75

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I use mostly Fender/Squire Jagmaster not a bad guitar for the amp. There is a problem with changing between the presets in that when you are switching between presets some can come in very loud and surprize you with the volume, the amp would have done well to stay at a consistant volume while switching presets and allowing you to turn up the volume as nessecary. The distortion sounds really good almost all the way up, then it starts to sound bad, for the most part it is good though. This amp has a extrememly vast variety of sounds, has a 6 different types of effects, very versitile.

This amp overall is a great buy, it's worth the money with it's versitility you can play any type of music really without the need for effects pedles. I would definatly recommend this amp. A side note however is I think I could have done with one model down and probably would have if I bought it again for the money. The presets are virtually useless if you know what sound you are looking for, for a beginner guitarist the presets are fun to play around with I guess, but if you are looking for a certain sound an experienced guitarist could easily figure it out without the presets. If you are just using it for home use I would recomend the Spider III 30.

The amp is very durable had it for a few months now and have had no problems with it what'soever, granted I leave it in place most of the time and don't play Live gigs. I haven't droped it or anything like that so I can't say it's physical duarabilty first hand. It seems to be able to withstand some damage though.

This amp is extrememly versitile, I still consider myself a beginner guitarist and focus mostly on guitar theory at this point but this amp suits any style of playing. It comes with 4 channels with avaiable presets for these channels so you can easily Switch from your clean guitar to distortion with the press of one button. Handy headphone jack to keep the noice level down for others. The amp is extremely powerful as well, can get VERY loud if you crank the distortion. The presets that's are built in consist of over 400 different songs or playing styles from other guitarists. It is pretty confusing at first but once you mess with it for a while you can figure out how to navigate it pretty easily, there is a list of all the prests on Line 6's website, it's very helpful.

SpeedCacophony
    i have got a line 6 spider2 30, would anybody say that this amp is worth trading for that? i have tried this out and i think that it is fantastic but im not sure i want to fork out that much more money for this, is it worth it anybody?
    ExDeath
    Good amp nothing to write home about. Needs a little more cow bell. Woot. I play classic rock and heavy metal from Led Zep to Trivium and it gets the job done.