Spider III 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 75

Purchased from: SamAsh

I'm using a B\.C\. Rich Metal Master Warlock which isnt much, but with this amp it sounds pretty awesome. This amp suits my music style perfectly I honestly couldnt have gotten a better amp, cause I doubt there's better for this price, and with the 75 watts it's really loud and the sound doesnt't get bad at max volume it still sounds good.

Me and this amp are a match made in heaven, it suits my style perfectly and it suits every style cause there's just so much options, the possabilitys are endless. I've been playing about a year and before this I had a 0 Watt park amp, so this is a huge step. If this was lost or stolen I'd get another one of these but prob the half stack version. I love everything about it and there's nothing to hate. My fav is the song presets they just sound so awesome ESP master of puppets and message in a bottle which are spot on.

I've only had it for like 2 weeks now, but it looks pretty durable. I would def gig with this No Doubt. No it hasn't broken down and I doubt it will this things made to last. I can depend on this amp just by looking at it, it's very sturdy and it's made well.

So I recently got the Spider III 75 watt amp for my birthday from some friends, and this thing doesnt't dissapoint. Let me start off my saying this amp has everything you'll ever need all in it. It's versatile enough to play all styles of music, although it's made for the metal and heavier music. This amp has 36 channels you can program yourself with your own presets, and it also has over 400 presets which include certin songs and bands like killswitch and As I Lay Dying. To switch channels it requires you to bend over and hit the switch which is a pain, but that's why they got the shortboard you can buy and I plan on buying it. It has a mp3/cd player hookup and a headphone jack on it. I use this amp for everything and anything cause it works with anything.

mistertomo123
    Go for a good old marshall any time and find your own tone. these things are so fiddly and have really got too much on them. Keep it simple, stop messing around with all these thousands of effects and get rockin'
    saanster
    I have this amp. when my friends and i jam metal, my favorite tone is the Red LED "Insane" preset. i've edited the treble, mids, bass and drive to how i like and set it to my channel A. so anyway, if i put the master volume cranked up to full, and pull the channel volume up to a little over half-way, i get this bassy sound that is annoying as ****. Say i play an E5 and palm mute it, i'd get this annoying feedback every time i chug it. so if i'm shredding, it sounds ****ing horrible and irritable. even if i turn the bass completely off, if i want to crank up the amp i get that annoying "burst" with my lows. not to mention, i can barely hear my highs and solos and stuff when i pull up the volume. is there a problem with my particular amp? I play through this amp with an Ibanez RGR320EX. My friend plays an ESP LTD MH-400 through a 65w Crate amp (i'm not sure what model or series the amp is) and if we jam at complimenting volume levels he won't get that annoying sound. also i've played through his amp to try out the sound and it sounded fine. what should I do?
    saanster
    i get this really annoying feedback when i play on the Red LED "insane" setting, with master volume cranked up to full and channel volume a little more than half-way. If i'm shredding a really low note it sounds like a ****ing mess because of that annoying bassy "burst" every time i play low note... Not to mention you can't hear my highs and solos very clearly. i play through this amp with an Ibanez RGR320EX. i've tried playing at comparative volume levels and distortion settings on other amps, for example a 65w Crate amp, and i don't get that same sound. so it's not my guitar. Even if i turn bass all the way down, meaning off, i still get that sound. so is it just my particular amp? Or am i doin it wrong? help please
    unholy_love
    Spiderr IIIs get so much shit, but they're not horrible. The distortion is THE best thing about it period. The effects sound rarely good. But, if ya want metal, here ya go.
    Sambo03
    scarygt
    shrediquette wrote: Everyone with ears can hear the digital sound of the spider II, maybe it is a decent practice amp for the price but theres also the Vox valvetronix amps(which are also modeling amps)that destroy the Line 6 spider II any days of the week. The tone of the Vox is simply superior to the spider II. I haven't heard a Spider III yet so i won't jump to conclusions but if its anything like the II then you'd be better off going with a Vox or anything else that sounds good.
    I had the Vox 50VT 2X12 for about 4 days and could get some good rhythm sounds, but I just couldn't get a real good 80's hair band (lynch type) lead sound that I was after. I took the vox back and tried the spider iii. The salesperson put the spider on Insane Red and there was the lead sound that i wanted... heck even with no effects you can shred with that amp model. I took home the Spider III and have not regretted getting rid of the Vox. Plus compared to the Spider the Vox's user interface just wasn't up to par. I'd say if you want to play clean or blues stuff that the Vox is your amp, but if you want strictly metal or 80's hair band stuff that you will love the Spider III.
    petey gunnz
    Sambo03 wrote: okay guys here's the score. i play mostly metal, bands like children of bodom, metallica, trivium, bullet for my valentine, some acdc, arch enemy, megadeth etc. would you recommend this amp if thats the kinda stuff i play? also consider ive been playing for like a year and a half and i dont have the money for anything much more expensive. is it the best in its price range?
    its def the amp for you, i play alot of metal mostly the same bands you listed put it on green metal or green crunch and itll sound awesome as long as you set up the little eq right youll produce awesome tones. also about the metallica, they give you presets for a couple of there songs. master of puppets, enter sandman one more that i cant remember. I think this would be perfect for you. Also has great clean channels too
    LeZeNkO
    See the thing is, Line6 have invented something that isnt just another amp, its a variety of amps all built into one. Apart from pickups, look at Zakk Wylde etc, Marshall amps sound so ****ing similar its untrue... everybody has the same sound and its boring, This gives you the opportunity to be unique. Ordered mine today, comes tomorow, and ill tell u what i think.
    LeZeNkO
    OK!!! Everyone can shut the hell up!! It came today and holy crap this thing is awesome, I havent tried recording anything with it yet but the general sound and tone is absoultely perfect, if your a heavy metal player, get this amp!! I play Thrash and Power metal and this is almost perfect, the clean tones could be a tiny bit better but still non the less a fantastic amplifier!!
    kingofnima
    BurningTheLives
    kingofnima wrote: come on guys seriously line 6 amps are no good!!! the sound is so digital that it destroys all the fun playing it!! the people at guitar center try to sell them to people who just start of cause they don't know what crab they are getting but seriously the sound is so bad and hey ok all those fun effects are kind of nice but who needs all of that if the sound sucks to begin with!! get an amp that doesn't have ll those weird effect you never gonna use and get a Pedal with it and you will be fine for every song!!!
    You couldn't be more wrong. They sound very good. I mean that is why some big metal bands use them.
    Tartan_nick
    No offense, but it you think marshal are better than line 6, your off your rocker. Ive played about 7 different Marshall amps, and they were ok, surprisingly. Id always though they were amazing, however, after playing different amps, i foud they were WAY WAY WAY over rated. I played a 30 watt line 6 which sounded like it was 75 watts, and it was far better than any marshal amp ive ever played.
    whatiaminstead
    i bought this a few months ago and i really really like...mostly due to my experience being limited to a 15W crate and a Digitech RP80. the sound is alot more refined than ive ever been used to, but after graduating from a Squier Strat to a PRS SE Custom, id say that the amp does a little too much to mask the sound of the actual guitar...and it sounds terrible through headphones. ill definately be getting something new once i begin building myself a switchboard. the biggest reason i keep it is my lack of effect pedals...and really, it isnt that bad. just something to go for when, like me, you're poor and have only been playing 2.5 years.
    whatiaminstead
    ok, i easily rate the durability of this amp at like 59485798237589/10. i took out a year warranty on it just in case...and dropped it down the stairs at my cousin's house today. 10 agonizing bangs against the hardwood later...the thing is still as good as ever. i suddenly love this thing all the more.