Spider III 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 75

I'm using a ESP kirk hammett kh 202 guitar with EMG pickups and it sounds awesome. This amp is perfect for me because I play lots of Metallica, Pantera, Slayer and AC/DC. The only time this amp is noisy is when you Switch to a artist preset if you don't turn the channel volume or master volume down it will be really loud, that's really the only negative about the amp so far. The distortion is everything you could ask for from Jimi Hendrix 70's smooth style to Slipknot's heavy crunch and strong distortion. The Slipknot seting, in my opinion, sounds awesome with standard EADGBE tuning rather than their Drop B tuning. This amp has distortions from Twang a very light tone, never really use it. It has a Blues distortion for ZZ Top sound and Jimi Hendrix's smooth tone. It has Metal distortion which is really heavy and made for strong head bangin riffs, Crunch tone is ok for Nirvana and some grunge bands with heavy tone but not too heavy, and the amp also has Insane tone which is in my opinion a mix of the DigiTech Death Metal and some DigiTech Grunge effects.I use the MEtal and Insane distortion more frequently than any others.

This amp fits my style of pure heavy, bone crushing metal and couldn't be any better. I have been playin about 2 and a half years and this is the 2nd amp I've owned, my other amp is a little spec, a 20 watt RMS. I also own a Boss MT 2 MEtal Zone which I haven't even used just cause I love the amp distortion more than that pedal. Most definately I would buy a new one if it were lost or stolen, I would go out the very next day and buy one, No Doubt about it. I love everything about the amp and hate nothing about it, it's that simple. I have got to say my favorite setting is the Slipknot artist preset is my favorite, most frequently used setting, it's crazy. I compared this to some Marshal half stacks and some Peavey amps but just because it had many effects, more distortion and artist presets I bought this baby. What would be sweet is if this amp came with better controls for the flanger and other effects so you could get a wider variety of different tones.

This amp I would most definately be able to depend on it at gigs or shows, even though I'm not in a band. I've owned this amp for about a week so I haven't experienced any huge problems, hopefully I never do. This amp is real heavy so all you kids that aren't strong and really need to lift weights it will take 2 of you to carry it, so you better lift more, anyway back to the amp, this amp is really strong it has a really hard plastic on it so don't be afraid of dinging it on the wall the damage would show more on the wall so be careful.

I don't know where to start, this amp has it all, the sound is absolutely amazing even when it has low volume.With this amp you don't get that annoying buzz like some amps. This amp has multiple channels so you can save your settings on there. It comes with many effects built right in it like phaser, tremolo, flanger, sweep echo, tape echo, delay, and reverb. It has different distortions to from metal to the classic 70's tone. what's nice about playing metal on this amp is it is not so harsh which is real nice. what's cool for each distortion setting is they have 2 versions like for clean you have a normal clean tone then Switch it to the other clean tone and it sounds almost like a very light flanger which is neat. This amp also has artist presets and many different songs for example they have Metallica's Master of Puppets, Pantera's Cowboys from Hell and some Slipknot presets which are real sweet.

unholy_love
    This amp is okay. Good for beginners and intermiate players. It is versatile, good effects but the distortion. It just doesnt have that good top of the line distortion. Dont get me wrong, its good... but not amazing.