Spider III 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 75

Price paid: € 170

An amp that stands knee high has never sounded bigger, I was playing on the third floor of my old barracks one day with the amp on five and when I stopped I heard someone outside yelling freebird up to the window, I happily obliged. There are times when the distortion can get too gainy and within 5 or 6 feet you can get some mad feedback at high volumes but this can be easily corrected if you use the footswitch and learn to adapt.

I've played Line 6 for 6 years now and this is my third amp, Its versatility can match almost any style I want or need and whatever it can't cover is easy to remedy. I have purchased 3 Line 6 amps over the years and through all the hardships they faced I still have all 3 with no problems (despite some scorch marks and a missing volume knob) I believe that the spider series are the most impressive amps on the market today for their price/quality. If anyone argues they can't put out enough sound I'll say this ahead of time: big ass shows are the reason stacks exist, and Line 6 makes those too! I'll stay faithful to Line 6 until I have reason not to but I don't see that happening any time soon...

When your work requires you travel alot durability it important, this amp hasn't been through much but my old one survived gallons of liquer poured over it drunken people falling on it and a house fire (no BS) and despite one knob missing it still plays fine, i would expext the same from this one...

Having over 400 presets and a variety of optional footswitches you can use this amp for sounds anything from easy country twang to the deepest metal roar. It takes a while to get used to the presets, I would suggest making the first 5 or 6 channels custom to your own style if you are playing with a band, it makes everything a lot faster and easier, I still keep it set clean and play through an external FX pedal but the effects on the amp combined with pedal effects can make some mind blowing sounds if you can keep the interference down.

xander_sk8
    Great amp i use this amp all the time around my house and at my studio it always suprises me
    MotörHeadFan22
    I got mine from a local music shop Only $200 haha It was BARELY used, not a dent all the sticker were still on it, nothing looked moved even, so and i've had it for little over 2 years and it's still going strong, so i suggest this amp for anyone who loves to play heavy stuff, ranging to classic stuff, its good for anything!
    tume
    I got mine 220 or something from Thomann .. Just a perfect amp!
    fretman5000
    darcylespaul wrote: i have this amp, its really good and all if u want to mimic bands and guitar sounds but what pisses me off is how u can't create and save any custom banks or sounds, if u can tell me btw. otherwise its an 8 but if it had the custom feature a definate 9.5
    theres banks labeled 1-9 each goes A-D so u have 36 custom settings u can save. adjust everything how u want it, hold down whichever channel led light is lit up til its flashing, scroll through the characters and name it, then tap the same channel led and its saved.