Spider III 75 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Line 6: Spider III 75

Purchased from: machine head

Iv used many guitars throught this (Humberkers, p90s and single coils). This amp sucks the tone from guitars! But isn't the point of amp modaling to make you sound like somthing eles? The clean tone is quite nice and sounds rather "fenderish". The mid-distorted tones are unresponsive and have very little sustain, a big disapointment in my opinion.If your looking for good AC/DC or blues tones look eles where (vox vt- series)! But this amp is a GREAT for metal players on a low buget. Line 6 say that the metal and insain modes on the amp are ment to recreate the sounds of a mesa or Marshall stack. I don't thinck this is true but there good anyway. The effects are OK and usable but often cut the low and high end from your tone, which can be very anoying. I would always recommend buying separate effects pedals but this is a very expensive option with some pedals costing as much as this whole amp does. In conclushion a good amp for quick clean and metal tones at a low buget but not so great for blues or AC/DC tones.

A decent amp for a biginner but I can't make up my mind if it was a waste of money or a good buy at the time?(thats why my review may seem very "random"). I also have a small Vox ac4tv which is a great little valve amp(check it out)! But is only 4wat and not sutable for live situations! I would recomend saving up for a valve amp if you want good tone and a few pedals if you want the effects but I know this is not always an option. in the end its your money and your dischion! Go and try this amp and outhers in this price range and buy the one YOU prefer. Don't Just Buy Somthing On The Web!

I have owned this amp for just over a year and already had two problems with this amp, the input jack came loose so I had to take the back off and put it back in place (very easy to do, not a huge problem), but more recently one screw on the handle has come loose and I can not repair because the wood has broken. But what can you expect from an amp under 200?

This amp has plenty of effects and settings with plenty of head room to support itself in small to large live settings. It is VEYY easy to use and can cope with any style of music. This is my 1st "proper" amplifier and I have gigd with it twice without any problems and used it for many band rehearsles. I would like an effects loop and more sturdy handle as mine came loose two weeks after the end of the 1 year warranty.

Megadeaf
    These things are shit. It might as well be playing a nice loud 75W fart. For the same price as one of these, you could get a tube combo that DOESN'T have horrendous tone. My band's bass player has a Line 6. Spent 500 bucks on it. Sounds like a low pitched fart. DO NOT BUY.
    bluekirby7
    I just ordered one from GuitarCenter Maryland for $150 which includes shipping to me in Illinois.
    Vampire_Prince
    the new peavey vypyrs completely destroy these! cheaper, sound better, better made, more effects, more effect control parameters, its everything this amp is and more! by far!