Spider III 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III 75

Price paid: € 270

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I use EMG Humbuckers and this amp suggests to use humbuckers with it. Like I allready said, this amp fits for anykind of music you can play with guitar. You can get almost any kind of tone with this amp because its so versatile. Myself I play Killswitch Engage a lot, this amp has some presets made by them to fit perfectly on their music style. There is also many other presets made by great artists.. Like Slipknot, Lacuna Coil, Muse, and many others. There is also much presets for some old famous songs like "Bark at The Moon", "Cherub Rock", "Rock You Like a Hurricane", "Crazy Train".

Like I said before, it fits for every style of music fine. It absolutely fits fine for metal. I haven't to test it before I bought it because my uncle told me it is a damn good amp, and he knows a lot of these. If it were stolen.. If wouldn't buy Marshall I would absolutely buy this one. With this one I love those Killswitch Engage presets I play with, and I also love that power that this great amp has! This amp was kind of cheap for its quality, that's why I took this. I have played about 2 and half year now, I'm playing my Line 6 with Ibanez RG 1570 and I'm aiming to buy another Ibanez to play with.

I absolutely could gig with it without backup. It's my only amp right now, and I think I don't need a new one for years! I have had this amp for almost year now, I have played it a lot with High Volume, it haven't broke down. And I don't think that it would broke down for long time. But you can never know. If it would broke, I absolutely would fix it.

Line 6 Spider III has 4 channels, over 400 presets, 9 fx models. I use it at home, but it would stand playing even live, it has so much power. I mostly play metal, like Killswitch Engage, Megadeth, etc. This amp is just perfect for it! But you can play any kind of music whit this amp! Only thing what it misses is some wires that you could connect it to computer or connect your mp3 to it. But I think you could buy them if you really need.

Troy94
    ...Keeping on the subject of the Line 6 Spider. I personal like Line 6 just as a fave, I have a friend who has a band room with his drums and a 100 watt Spider III, i couldnt even put it on the lowest volume setting w/o it rattling the snare, its insane loud. But, for a noob likek me, anything that fits the sound my B.C. Rich wants it to will work, its still a nice amp though